Ok guys. This is major. If you happen to have a footswitch with your orange amp, can you post a pic of its insides? Unscrew the bottom lid, and take a pic of it inside (pics from many angles would be super).

I'd really really appreciate this...

Please help me
I wanna try making my own

cause i cant get one from anywhere but thomann, but its expensive with shipping

50 euros isnt worth a metal box with a foorswitch and 3 wires :s

i could make my own for like 8 euros
tried to...but they didn't have one that was CERTAINLY orange. there's like a variety of 3-5 typical ones, but you never know which one orange actually takes...
could i email orange and ask something like

'ok, my footswitch kinda broke, and i'd like to fix it. could you throw in a schematic?'

how is their customer support?
When you actually have the amp, it'll be fairly simple to just try it yourself. Plug a cable into the footswitch jack, and then connect the tip to the sleeve; unless you need a stereo cable or multiple footswitches...
Quote by mr_hankey
When you actually have the amp, it'll be fairly simple to just try it yourself. Plug a cable into the footswitch jack, and then connect the tip to the sleeve; unless you need a stereo cable or multiple footswitches...

Omg. How didn't i think of it before!

Makes perfect sense....

THANK YOU!
Isn't a footswitch just an SPST switch on the end of a patch cable?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by MrCarrot
Isn't a footswitch just an SPST switch on the end of a patch cable?

Yes. Just one button to change channel. Simple as you like.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
it is...but they're kind of different...i guess i need to experiment once i get the amp..

definitely not worth 30 eur + shipping when i have like 10 spare footswitches and a metal box and loads of broken guitar cables
Yeah, just make the switch bridge the two tabs on a mono jack when pushed. Connect that mono jack to the amp with a mono cable. It's not any different, I made two for my Rockerverb.
These go to eleven...
What, so just like this?

That's a footswitch in it's entirety?
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
I got mine for free...

sucka.
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
It shouldn't be that hard to make it yourself. Now I'm gonna try with my spare cable. I'm gonna get one for free when I get my AC30 .
Ben
Quote by MrCarrot
What, so just like this?

That's a footswitch in it's entirety?

Sure is.
These go to eleven...
Yeah man you can get a Behringer or some other cheap ass brand foot switch for like $10 that will work fine..

No use making your own when they're so cheap anyway. Only the Orange ones are s expensive because they have "Orange" written on them.

They have that huge box and about 2 wires inside it with a little LED. It's silly. Jin open yours up and take a photo of the inside to prove my point of what a MASSIVE waste of pedalboard space the Orange switch is!