its like a volume boost, that wont add gain. if you want a transparent boost, for like a phase or something, add a clean boost to keep the original sound (i think, correct me if im wrong). im building one right now (EH LPB2 Replica) so ill post clips when my parts arrive
it boosts the gain, without coloring the sound, , technically it increases your mids and your treble
Gear:

Fender Blues Junior
MIM Standard Strat
EVH Phaser
535 q dunlop wah
modded ts9
E.H. Pulsuar Tremelo
Homemade truebypass box
a little bit of jesus
^ No, it increases everything, not just the mids and treble.

But yeah, s.r.v.'s right. It gives you extra gain without coloring the tone at all, and without adding any distortion by itself. You'd use it to grab some more gain out of a tube amp by increasing the input signal, or use it like a solo boost.
They're transparent volume boosting pedals that don't add gain. Designed to push a valve amp into overdrive. People like to turn the gain on their overdrive pedal down and the volume right up to simulate this effect.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Quote by s.r.v.
its like a volume boost, that wont add gain. if you want a transparent boost, for like a phase or something, add a clean boost to keep the original sound (i think, correct me if im wrong). im building one right now (EH LPB2 Replica) so ill post clips when my parts arrive

Won't add gain? It doesn't add clipping. Volume is gain, yo.

LPB...are supposed to be clean boosts.
A BBE Boosta Grande is a clean Boost, and so is the MXR Micro amp.