Im from Cincinnati (where we have no scene: punk, hardcore, emo or anything else). Me and my boys are moving to Charleston, SC next year where they have a pretty bitchin hardcore scene...

My question is.....Where you From and How (and what kind) is your 'scene' there?
I highly doubt that a city as big as Cincinnati doesn't have a scene. You just don't know where to look. I'm from some small towns and they have scenes.
Screw scenes though because that only produces scene kids which suck and ruin music.
scenes are usually a bunch of wanna be losers that hang out with people from bands, and they like think they actuallymean somtihng
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
best scene? none. retard
hello cowgirl in the sand....
G&L legacy, schecter blackjack
keeley tube screamer
ron sound hairpie classic
Cincinnati doesn't have a 'scene'. Dayton, Columbus, and even Cleveland do.....but regardless.....there are SOME good bands that come out of 'scene's and i wouldn't want to miss a good band or even song just because i don't like the idea of being a 'scene kid'. I'm not emo. I'm bald, with a beard, I can't fit into girl pants, i like loose shirts, last time i cried over a girl was when my ex killed herself, and i hate nightmare before christmas/goth ****/puss(ies) who cut themselves (and all the other things that are considered emo). But either way i do like music that is considered by most *emo*. It sounds good to MY ears. If it doesn't yours then thats fine, I don't judge (except for those puss(ies) who cut themselves for attention (if you really wanted to die....its not that hard to do it......you have to go further out of your way to mimic death for everyone else to see)). ITs ok tho if you don't like the idea of it....if i had my druthers there would be no country music so.......

Thanks for your input.
Have a nice Day.
Quote by ShutYourMouff!!
Cincinnati doesn't have a 'scene'. Dayton, Columbus, and even Cleveland do.....but regardless.....there are SOME good bands that come out of 'scene's and i wouldn't want to miss a good band or even song just because i don't like the idea of being a 'scene kid'. I'm not emo. I'm bald, with a beard, I can't fit into girl pants, i like loose shirts, last time i cried over a girl was when my ex killed herself, and i hate nightmare before christmas/goth ****/puss(ies) who cut themselves (and all the other things that are considered emo). But either way i do like music that is considered by most *emo*. It sounds good to MY ears. If it doesn't yours then thats fine, I don't judge (except for those puss(ies) who cut themselves for attention (if you really wanted to die....its not that hard to do it......you have to go further out of your way to mimic death for everyone else to see)). ITs ok tho if you don't like the idea of it....if i had my druthers there would be no country music so.......

Thanks for your input.
Have a nice Day.

Wow too bad none of that has anything to do with emo music.
Dumb sterotypes.
I'm pretty sure ShutYourMouff!! is asking about local bands and if any of us go to any local shows, whether it be punk, hardcore, pop-punk, jazz, rap, etc.
I don't think hes asking for your opinions about "scene" kids.
Well my friends are gone and my hair is grey
I ache in the places where I used to play.
Quote by Paris_In_Flames
Orange County \m/ other than older ska bands I can only think of a few crappy bands come from here.

Are you ****ing serious?

I'm from New York. I think I've said enough.
^^Well I live in the province that produced Nickelback
I think I officially win
Quote by KahKahSingSing
^^Well I live in the province that produced Nickelback
I think I officially win

Joke?

Long hXc Island
Quote by ShutYourMouff!!

Thanks for your input.
Have a nice Day.

even cleveland?

the cleveland "scene" is bigger than dayton and columbus

lotsalolz
D.C/Richmond ftw.
second only to Seattle in my book.
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Sep 1, 2007,
The scene here sucks ass, there are a couple of good bands, but I don't wish to name them, for I fear if it got back to them, they would combust from the expansion of their already sizeable egos.
there is no fear in this heart.

Quote by ETHANEVIL
How am I being or trying to be fabulous/glamorous?

Quote by Guitarist132
Joke?

Long hXc Island

Of course. I'm not too good at the whole sarcasm thing.

I guess Calgary's got an ok scene. Theres a couple Pop-Punk bands and Punk bands that I've seen. But the majority are hardcore bands who pretty much sound the same as one another.
manchester pride.

which means oasis, stone roses, happy mondays. the smiths, buzzcocks to name but a few.
Quote by Jaret Reddick
wake me up when september ends makes me cry evry time!

emos forever
:-(
Last edited by frodoisdead at Sep 1, 2007,
In my town, it changes Yearly.

2000 - 2003 = Drive thru record type Emo
2003 - 2005 = Coffee Shop Acoustic
2005 - 2006 = SXE HARDCORE MOSH WARRIORZ!
2006 - 2007 = back to Drive thru records type emo.
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by Knife2aGunFight
D.C/Richmond ftw.
second only to Seattle in my book.

Have to agree Richmond owns. Our metal scene is crazy, but our hardcore and punk scene is one of the biggest, most thriving on the east coast.

Avail, Strike Anywhere, Down To Nothing, Lamb of God, Municipal Waste, and GWAR

Can you top that?
Last edited by whitebluesboy at Sep 1, 2007,
Long freaking Island.

Glassjaw
Brand New
Envy on the Coast
Taking Back Sunday
The Movielife
Straylight Run
BAYSIDE
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock

Quote by Adderall_Ninja
Long freaking Island.

Glassjaw
Brand New
Envy on the Coast
Taking Back Sunday
The Movielife
Straylight Run
BAYSIDE

/thread
Veteran UGer. Suck it.
Quote by whitebluesboy
Have to agree Richmond owns. Our metal scene is crazy, but our hardcore and punk scene is one of the biggest, most thriving on the east coast.

Avail, Strike Anywhere, Down To Nothing, Lamb of God, Municipal Waste, and GWAR

Can you top that?

See:

Quote by Adderall_Ninja
Long freaking Island.

Glassjaw
Brand New
Envy on the Coast
Taking Back Sunday
The Movielife
Straylight Run
BAYSIDE

I also like the Portland scene although that isn't really PP&E, but Elliott Smith, Modest Mouse, and The Decemberists all came from there.

My scene sucks, bunch of shitty Keno-core bands which are basically Escape the Fate clones.
you can quite easily top THAT richmond scene
I was talking about the screamo scene.
Ultra Dolphins, Mass Movement of the Moth etc etc.
but both DC/North VA and Richmond sort of melds together along I-95
Jesse Wants To Die Just As Much As You Want Him Dead
Last edited by Knife2aGunFight at Sep 2, 2007,
905 music scene!

jk I actually dislike a lot of bands from there
but there are some bands that are just amazing
Quote by Knife2aGunFight

I know I just can't help but be hype about it. I wear 804 on my sleeve.
Quote by Knife2aGunFight

Mass Movement are awesome

I didnt know they were from the Virgina scene.
Quote by Avopeac

Three Days Grace="I HATE MUH PARENTZ" rock.
Cannibal Corpse="I ATE MUH PARENTZ" rock