aight check this (sorry it just sounds cool in my head to start with it)

so i own 3 basses a Warwick thumb, Ebmm 20th anniversary stingray 5 (my newest one) and my first bass the fender Precision MIM and since i got my warwick i have not even touched my p-bass but as of this summer around the time i bought the EBMM i have been playing all 3 basses but really focusing on the p-bass which is wierd. so thinking about it i have realized that the reason i am so attracted to the P-bass recently is because of that thick and juicy mid range, so now i'm under the spell of the p-bass and lovign it. i still play the other basses alot but i'm really happy that i'm finally appreciating my p-bass and when i go away to university i'm going to either get another fender or bring this (becasue i don't want my expensive basses jacked)

thanks for reading
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
..cool, I guess.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
Yeah, happened to me when I put Seymour Duncan's in mine
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by BlueShox
sell the lessers and get a MIA P-Bass.

I love my MIM special. I want to get a MIA sometime around Christmas.

oh i plan on getting another p-bass around next june, i'm going to buy it the day i graduate high school

i'm stuck on mia or 1957 reissue
I shot JR

ha i was waiting for the question the entire time i read that and then when it ended i was like "woah...."

yeah I do love the P-bass but for my style I ended up deciding on my MIA Jazz. P-Bass seems to have increased much in popularity lately though, especially in modern rock. That great midrange seems to be perfect for the music, and it fits well. I've also seen a lot of stingrays in the genre now too. Hooray for great basses
Quote by jsbassboy
ha i was waiting for the question the entire time i read that and then when it ended i was like "woah...."

yeah I do love the P-bass but for my style I ended up deciding on my MIA Jazz. P-Bass seems to have increased much in popularity lately though, especially in modern rock. That great midrange seems to be perfect for the music, and it fits well. I've also seen a lot of stingrays in the genre now too. Hooray for great basses

ya i didn't feel a question was neccesary, i was just telling a story. i think we need more stories and less stupid questions in the forum anyways
I shot JR

Quote by Drmckool
ya i didn't feel a question was neccesary, i was just telling a story. i think we need more stories and less stupid questions in the forum anyways

AGREED

yeah, I've got two expensive basses (my P-bass and my Stingray) and I really do play my cheaper basses more. My 4-string MIM jazz is stuffed with modifications I did with my dad, so it's got a lot of personal value to it, and therefore I'll probably never sell it. We installed an original Badass I bridge, a red tortoiseshell pickguard, and a totally awesome fretjob. Next thing it needs is a new set of Nordstrand or Fender pickups.

My other "cheap" bass is a Fender MIM jazz 5-string, which was owned by my old bass teacher, a guy 3 years older than me and a local bass god. I mean, this guy was a total prodigy. Unfortunately, he completely gave up bass for college and plenty of alchohol, so I bought his bass off of him, and here it shall stay. Every single local bass player wants to buy it off of me, but I say "nay!"

I also own an '06 Fender MIA Precision in butterscotch blonde, which is very, very nice. If you're considering one, I highly recommend it. The whole S-1 thing is a piece of ****, but the rest of the bass is wonderful, especially the graphite-reinforced neck.
"Comedy's a dead art form. Now tragedy, that's funny." -Bender Bending Rodriguez
Quote by mountaindew88
I also own an '06 Fender MIA Precision in butterscotch blonde, which is very, very nice. If you're considering one, I highly recommend it. The whole S-1 thing is a piece of ****, but the rest of the bass is wonderful, especially the graphite-reinforced neck.

yeah butterscotch is a great finish. if id have gotten an MIA P instead of an MIA J thats what I would gotten it in. Had to go with the Transparent Orange though, plus I'm too much of a J fan

But yeah the S-1 on the MIA P is a little wierd, it does work somewhat well on the MIA J, but I'm not dissapointed cause I figured it wouldn't be that great.Low expectations=high enjoyment

Plus the MIA's other features are incredibly great, so im not gonna complain
I fell in love with precision basses from the first moment I played my teacher's '73. I've now been a very happy owner of my MIA for nearly 2 years . I will agree the S-1 switching is a bit of a gimmick but it occasionally comes in useful to thin out the sound a little.

All in all a p-bass is perfect for the music I play and I just love that passive punch it gives!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Quote by Drmckool

Well, yesterday I was at a friends house and a big snake came out and tried to attack my kittens, and I grabbed an axe and cut off it's head! TAKE THAT HARRY POTTER
anyone ever play the big block P bass? it is a great bass it sounds like the lovechild of a P bass and a stingray it looks great too! it's not my cup of tea but i think that it is still a great bass.

maybe this yould be for you sence you like the stinray sound and the P bass sound?
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
haha did you really?!?!^^^^
that sounds like i would have either kept it or done the same thing and had alot of fun with it

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Quote by watchingmefall
Well, yesterday I was at a friends house and a big snake came out and tried to attack my kittens, and I grabbed an axe and cut off it's head! TAKE THAT HARRY POTTER

OMG, ME TOO!

snake hunters +1
Quote by Emergancy Exit
anyone ever play the big block P bass? it is a great bass it sounds like the lovechild of a P bass and a stingray it looks great too! it's not my cup of tea but i think that it is still a great bass.

maybe this yould be for you sence you like the stinray sound and the P bass sound?

its a little more geared toward metal players, but yeah it give the tone you need. depends on your style though

(sorry bout the double post )
Quote by watchingmefall

so I"m NOT the only one who hates that harry pothead son of a bitch.
Member of the "Shoop Da Woop" club, PM to Join
Quote by pie_man_25
so I"m NOT the only one who hates that harry pothead son of a bitch.

there are others...
Quote by watchingmefall
We ARE the others. DUN DUN DUNNNN (Sound a little like Lost to me)

Ooooh, scary....