ok i have a ibanez rg370dx and when i turn my amp up so i can play along with drums at a band practice i am pretty much constantly getting feedback. ive tried different settings on my amp like turning the gain and treble down etc but nout works.
Whats my best option for trying to reduce the feedback???
thanks
Stand further away from your amp?

What amp are you using?
Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2008
Quote by utsapp89
^I'd let a pro look at it. Once you get into the technicalities of screws...well, it's just a place you don't want to be, friend.
ive tried standing further away and that dont seem to work.
Line 6 spider 75w
and my other guitar my sg doesnt have this problem si duno what to do
ive only had it for about a year and i play it everyday. i thought it might be the pickups being to sensitive coz i even had trouble at a gig where they mic the amp up and it was still gettin feedback through the PA. would a noise reduction pedal help?
When you say feedback do you mean squeely annoying noises or buzz/hum? If its hum its the electronics and shielding, or maybe a cable, and yeh a noise reduction pedal would help. However if it is proper feedback then thats very odd.
My Gear :
Fender American Strat in Metallic Red
EHX Big Muff
Boss ME-50
Boss SD-1
Fender 15 Watt Amp (Upgrade soon to a Marshall )
Red Furry guitar strap

John Frusciante - The Greatest Guitarist EVER
i am also a proud owner of a line 6 spider amp and mine has the same problem if you turn up the volume to 5 and over, just stand further away from the amp, that works
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Last edited by DimeDarrell666 at Aug 31, 2007,
i made the unforgiveable mistake to buy one
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
yeah i was waiting for soem people to start talking bout the amp haha but yeah i do need a new one.
and yeah its proper feedaback, when i stop playing i just proper feedback occurs and i cant get around it and whilst im playing it still affects the sound
check your input jack.my ibanez had the same problem. tap the metal part of the cable when its plugged in and turned on if you hear a noise its you input jack.
esp ltd m300
ibanez rg
jackosn dinky strat

digitech rp155l
morley bad horsie wah

carvin mt3200 tube amp

founder of the ibanez rg owners of the world club pm me to join
Quote by synyster666
ive only had it for about a year and i play it everyday. i thought it might be the pickups being to sensitive coz i even had trouble at a gig where they mic the amp up and it was still gettin feedback through the PA. would a noise reduction pedal help?

I'm an avid player too everyday for hours and that kinda killed my pick-ups. and yeah that pedal would help.