Argh.

Changed the strings for the first time few weeks ago, and since then I've had MAJOR tuning instability. Before you ask, yes I stretched the strings out. I stretched them for about 15 minutes each before securing the nut. I stretched em to the point where I was afraid they'd snap. Yet, even when I fine tune and then play a powerchord, the buggers (all six of em) go about half a step flat. I replaced the strings with the same gauge that came with the guitar,a nd it's an original floyd.

I dunno wtf is wrong, and would appreciate some help with this. The actual whammy bar is very loose, if that's relevent, but I doubt it is.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
PM Noxiosimitator to join
Quote by Zofar
Did you lock the strings tightly at both ends?

To an extent. I was constantly told from the manual and well, pretty much everywhere not to clamp down too hard as then the threads can snap, so I didn't tighten *too* much. They are tight though, it would take quite a bit of force to make 'em tighter.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
fix the spring in the back of the guitar, or are the strings u bought the right guage for the floyd
Quote by THE PIT
OMG ZEROHERO UR THE MOST AWESOMEST DUDE EVER

InfeRno" of the Predacons Beast Wars Club

Gear:
sucky squire
Kramer
Dean ML
gnx3 pedal
sucky fender squire amp

:stickpoke
strings locked correctly?
saddle screws tightened?
strings correctly wrapped around the mechanix?(so that they don't slip out)
Dean ML79F w/ Dimarzio X2N
Peavey Star
Fender Sonoran
Fender CD 140S12

Quote by Jastul
if you want it to sound really dirty just rub some dirt on your amp...
Quote by ninewhilenine
To an extent. I was constantly told from the manual and well, pretty much everywhere not to clamp down too hard as then the threads can snap, so I didn't tighten *too* much. They are tight though, it would take quite a bit of force to make 'em tighter.

is it just a junk floyd? No offense, but is it good quality?
another floyd casualty.
Gear
Custom Fender Strat
Oscar Schmidt Acoustic
VK 112
Epi VJ
EHX Holy Grail
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Modded Tubescreamer TS7 -> TS-808
Strat Knockoff
^ do you people even read the thread, its an OFR, same gauge change, and they already said how tight they locked the nut and floyd.

on that note, I don't know that much about floyds, good luck.
Does it happen just once? Or do you fine tune, then play and it goes out of tune, and then fine tune again and the same thing happens?
It's an original.

Maybe it's the springs, the guy in the shop loosened em a bit cos the tension wasn't right or something. Would tightening help?
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
Shouldn't be the springs. He'll have done that to get the bridge level with the body. Is it still the same way?
Aye, it is.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’
is it set up properly? is the floyd rose level with the body? Also, before you lock the nut, go through and tune them all. by the time you get to the last E string, the first should be about a half step flat. repeat the tuning process f5 or 6 times and it should be good/close enough for you to lock the nut and fine tune. IF you do this and the floyd rose is pulling off of the body, loosten the spring tension on the back. just loosten the claw a little a bit. this happened to me the first time i restrung a floyd rose and someone on here helped me out, now i restring a floyd rose 2 or 3 times a week before i sell the guitar.
Hmm then your springs sound like they're adjusted right. I dunno, maybe your bridge is slipping slightly? Mine has done it in the past, but then again mine is a very crap LFR.

um, perhaps take it to the store and ask them? I've no other ideas, sorry
Hey, that's cool, thanks for your help.
Jackson KV2
Epiphone SG-Special
Freshman FA1 AWR
Roland Cube 15

Member of
'girls of UG club’