I'm looking to pick up a simple looper just for my solo jamming needs. All I'm looking to do is lay down some chord progressions/riffs and then loop them to solo over. What would be my best option to pickup for these needs? I don't need anything with all the bells and whistles (like the Digitech JamMan), but I want something that'll do the job right. I have no budget, but inexpensive is always a plus.
Gear:
Gibson X-Plorer Studio Yellow
Orange Tiny Terror
Orange PPC-112 Cab (2 stacked - 1 open backed)
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
I think the Boss RC-2 loop station would be pretty much what you need (I think!)
Gear:
Fender Jazzmaster
Boss DS-2
Digitech RP150 (with Line6 EX-1 Exp pedal)
Orange Crush 30R

My Youtube Page
Read this!You know you really want to...

Is it really easy to use? If I change channels on an amp, does it affect the loop though? I mean, it won't affect me now, but if I do end up getting a Rocker 30 in the near future, if I switch from the clean to the dirty, will it change my recorded loop?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
It will, unless it's in the effects loop
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
if it's in the effects loops it will just send a sound straight to the speaker and then when you change channel the signal from the looper to the speaker won't be changed
There's no effects loop on the Rocker 30 haha. If I were to run a looper and then switch pickups and throw on a boost/overdrive, would it change to my new tone then, or would it remain the original tone I just recorded?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
well since the signal goes from the looper through the amp then to the speaker, i think it would change.

you can add an FX loop yourself or have a tech do it.
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Aug 31, 2007,
I've heard horror stories of people trying to add effects loops to Rocker 30's and it was no dice. So basically, if I loop a tone, if I were to play over it, I'd have to be the exact same tone?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
You would need pedals, switching channels will change the tone of the loops.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Quote by igotabcrich32
You would need pedals, switching channels will change the tone of the loops.

So if I record a loop in a cleanish tone, then kick in a boost and an overdrive, it won't change the tone of the loop?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD
As long as you have only clean amplification *after* the looper then you will be fine. Any overdrive or distortion or any FX of any kind *after* the looper will not be good.
Quote by xTJx
So if I record a loop in a cleanish tone, then kick in a boost and an overdrive, it won't change the tone of the loop?

Yep, just make sure the looper is last in the chain.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
Oh okay, thanks! That doesn't seem too difficult. Can I run any pedal infront, or is it only going to be limited to a boost/OD and other modulation effects?
Gear:
Orange Tiny Terror
MXR Phase 90
Fulltone OCD