i want to do up my ibanez s470, it's already a good guitar.

i want add to pickups (swines heads), i am goig to add the AMP's to the neck, i then want a three way toggle to switch between the two coils. do i only need to wire a switch up?

when palying after about 7pm, i have to turn my bedroom light cause it gets dark at 7 where i live. when i do this i cause a buzzing to come from my amp (laney vc15), this buzzing happens with my prs se soapbar 2. i was wondering , that if shield my guitar would it stop this problem. but since my guitar doesn't have a pickguard, would it still work? where would shield (just the control caviety?)

my final mod is to change the volume and tone pots because, if i have them at anything other than 10 or 0 they buzz, which pots would i use?

thanx for any help
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
Try shielding inside the pickup cavities too. If you use the inbetween (both pickups on) setting, it should cancel hum.
Quote by tubab0y
Woohoo, I love you Ped!
Also change plug socket that the amps in
One certain plug in my house flickers its power when you open the fridge due to it being a drain
So yeah, a constant power supply
i think the power supply should be ok, it is pluged into the one next to where my pc in pluged in. but it should be fine because, my room is part of the extension, that we had about 5 years ago.
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
^ Yeah that sounds good, just get some foil tape stuff [from maplin or wherever] and you can cover the back of the plates covering the cavities which can make a large difference
saying that i had mine in the one next to my pc and it kept going on and off, so i moved it and its fine now.
EPIPHONE LES PAUL
IBANEZ S SERIES CUSTOM
VOX AD30VT