Ok, theres this new kid at school who is from south carolina, and he says he used to be in a band in SC and knew this old guy at his local guitar shop and says he can get me a gibson les paul classic for 350 dollars. He also says that i would have to give him the money so he could send it to the old guy to ship it to where i am. I am a lil uneasy about buying it without actually seeing it first but worth a shot i guess, but i could get my money back if i dont like it, but i would have to pay shipping, and south carolina is a ways away from south dakota so shipping bill would be kinda high. I was also planning on just getting a gibson les paul standard with 60's neck after college or just slapping new pups into my epi lp custom. what are the differences between the classic and the standard or should i just put new pups into my epi? Thanks
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
For that price it has to be either an Epi or an outright scam. I wouldn't do it.
well he's not really a new kid, he lived in my town in middle school, then he moved to SC, then he moved bak this year. He's not really new i guess, just that i never talked to him cuz i went to a different middle school, but sits at my lunch table and we talk about different guitarists and stuff all the time. I've never heard him play before so i dont know if hes a total noob and doesnt know the difference between an epiphone and a gibson but i doubt it. So if it really was a gibson he's talking about should i get it?
Epiphone LP Cust. w/ SD '59 neck and Cust. 5 bridge
Fender MIA Stratocaster
Traynor YCV50
Vox AD30VT
Dunlop SW-95 Wah
ElectroHarmonix Big Muff Pi w/ Tone Wicker
ElectroHarmonix Small Clone
We roll tonight, To the guitar bite
Figure $100 for a cheap Chinese copy of a Les Paul Classic (it'll probably even say "Gibson" on it), $150 to ship it from China, and $50 each for the each person involved.

Yeah, $350 sounds about right.
ESP LTD EC-256 and a Fender Deluxe VM
Sounds like escrow fraud. Don't do it.
People writing songs that voices never shared
No one dared
Disturb the Sound of Silence
He's talking bollocks, tell him to stfu and that you'll knock him out if he ever tries to take you for a fool again.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
write up a contract. make him sign it, and put in a fulll-refund clause.
Songs!
Something's Changed
Frost

BC Rich Mockingbird Evil Edge
Dean Palomino Vintage Sunburst
Indiana Scout Acoustic in Sparkly Blue
Kustom Arrow 16DFX, soon to be a Vox Valvetronix 50
Dimebag Custom Crybaby
Fab Tone
I live in South Carolina. Where is he talking about getting it from? I may know about it, or can find about it.
go ahead and kick his ass!

haha no im jk...

really, i wouldnt do it. ever. no chance.
Ive meet alot of BS artists in my life. There are just some people who cannot resist the urge to impress others. You told him you want one so magicly he has the perfect chance for you to get one. Youve never heard him play but I bet he claims to be the reincarnation of hendrix. As for getting your money back dont count on it. Theres alot of people who live in their own alternate reality where they are the mayor of turd town. Im sure he like all BS artists believes his own crap. I had a guy once swore he could get me a compound bow thru the store he worked at. Needless to say it took 6 months and the fact I was going to beat the money out of him to get my money back. And of course I was a dick for being that way. I think everybody here is unanimous on this one. Hes gonna screw you in some way.