i dont know if this is the right part of the forum but i recently purchased a jim dunlop original wah wah pedal off ebay and i was wondering if there is any excersives what can help me use the wah wah pedal more effectively and so it doesnt sound like ****
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
dude i dont mean about modding the pedal, i mean about using it
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
well then...dont just rock it up and down fast

you should rock it slowly, and with rythym

I would mod it anyways.
why dont you take songs with wah in them (steve vai - bad horsie for example) and see how the wah is used, however if you are writing your own songs, you should experiment, also you cannot go wrong with a wah, just rock it back and forth however i find that you may find excessive rocking back and forth **** sounding....

frank zappa on the other hand thought that if you got a wah and pushed it down to the furthest it would go and left it there, it would sound good, and you know what, he was right... its all down to what you want to achieve,

the wah pedal is one of the easiest pedals to use, so go and have fun, btw, if you plug your wah in the wrong way round you will get screams like in the pink floyd song Echoes
i plugged it in the wrong way and my amp screamed at me so i paniced and was like ****!!! but i get the point that practising helps, i have no idea at modding plus im really bollocks at souldering
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
heartbreaker you did push down didnt you? it screams at you as if youve tuned your guitar 10 octaves too high
i turned it round the proper way and it works fine inda disapointed in a way though expected it to be better because of all the hype o well
Jackson KE 3 Trans Black
Schecter C7 ATX
Siggery Custom

Axe Fx Owner
different wahs do different things, the crybaby doesnt have a huge sweep, but ive found morley has excellent wahs, even if they are pricey, really can cut through distortion
I pretty much just do 3 things with my wah..

1.If you want to put emphasis on a note, you could push down on the wah when you play it

2.You get a sweet effect if you do a real slow sweep through the wah from top to bottom while doing a repeating lick

3.Push the wah down at the same rhythmn you're playing like you're just tapping your foot to the rhythmn
this might sound dumb, but it works. try to move your mouth, like your mouth is determining the wahs. it will help, trust me