i bought a zvex fuzz factory and i usually just use it at home through a fifteen watt solidstate amp and i loev it, i get good white stipes/black keys-ish tones out of it. however, i recently brought it over to our rehersal space and ran it through a marshall tsl60 and it doesnt seem to have much effect whenthe amp is on the crunch setting. i know it would be more effective on the clean channel but i just dont get the sound i need like that. at home i run it off the overdrive channel and its fine. does this happen to anyone else and also how can i fix it to get more out of the pedal? thanks a lot
oh nothing... just bein' myself...what? oh this? this is just my package...yeah... god delivered it, I signed for it, world keeps on spinnin'
You'll have to tweak the settings on the FF, and work with the amp's EQ and gain- you should be able to get the same sounds though. Fuzzes sound very different through SS and tube amps, so it's sometimes difficult to get the same sound right away. I'd suggest turning the gain down on the amp and the volume up on the FF.
alright ill try that, thanks
oh nothing... just bein' myself...what? oh this? this is just my package...yeah... god delivered it, I signed for it, world keeps on spinnin'
My fuzz sounds absolutely horrid with any kind of overdrive happening on the amp already.

I'd say just use it through the clean channel and fiddle with the amp EQing and pedal settings a bit until you get the tone you want.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
My fuzz sounds absolutely horrid with any kind of overdrive happening on the amp already.

I'd say just use it through the clean channel and fiddle with the amp EQing and pedal settings a bit until you get the tone you want.

yep. fuzz on top of overdrive is going to sound bad

just max the gain knob on clean
I see no sign of fortress.