I was insterested in a Marshall valvestate amp, but I heard that there full of problems. I don't know how true or not so I need to help. Thanks
My Setup: Fender Mex. Stratocaster Standard using Duncan pickups through a Boss ME50 out of a Fender FM212R
Quote by 1Bossman
I was insterested in a Marshall valvestate amp, but I heard that there full of problems. I don't know how true or not so I need to help. Thanks

What size of amp are you looking for?

If it's only a practise amp then it'll pretty much be the same as the rest of them, the tone isn't the best but if you've tried one out and you like it then go for what works.
And again, if it's just a practise amp you shouldn't have any problems with it, as there's no real 'vavle' in it, its just a marketing point saying 'this is solid state but sounds like amp'.
Quote by Daveyh
... as there's no real 'vavle' in it, its just a marketing point saying 'this is solid state but sounds like amp'.

there's an actual valve in it. there's 1 12ax7 preamp tube. the older generation ones (8100, 8040, vs series) are actually decent and most importantly, cheap. i've had mine for something like 5 years (bought it used too) and it still works fine.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard (with EMG 81/85)
Mesa/Boogie Single Rectifier Solo Head Series 2
Marshall Valvestate 8100
Lopo Line 2x12 Slant w/ WGS v30 clones
Boss MT-2
Danelectro Fish and Chips
I wouldn't trust a marshall solidstate (or even hybrid).
Peavey has decently nice older solid states that you could find used really easily and give it a try.
Or... maybe just go tube.
If you have your heart set on a hybrid amp, maybe try out a vox valvetronix. It's a nice amp for figuring out what kind of tone you want. And it blows the tolex off of a spider any day.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
Last edited by darkarbiter7 at Aug 31, 2007,