i want to make my tone brighter. (add more treble)

are there any pedals that can do this?
i was thinking of changine my strings to 10's instead of 11's(which i use now) how much will this help?

i also want a overdrive (but not metal) i was looking at the fulltone, ts808 (ibanez), bbe green screamer and the boss od-3. what do you reckon mend?

i pay blues and rock mostly but aso play all other genres apart from metal.

thanx
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
If you have tried to brighten it with the amp EQ and failed an EQ pedal might do it.
Can you solder? Lower the value of your tone cap or maybe swap your pots to 500k (if it already has 250) or to 1meg (if it already has 500k). That would be the cheapest way to get a bit more treble
Quote by Whole Lotta Led
Can you solder? Lower the value of your tone cap or maybe swap your pots to 500k (if it already has 250) or to 1meg (if it already has 500k). That would be the cheapest way to get a bit more treble

+1.

thicker strings will just give you a thicker, fuller sound. not necessarily brighter.
gear?
coming soon... parker fly mojo flame
ibanezes: rg350dx frankenstein * rg7620 7-string
fenders: telecaster plus * stratocaster plus

line 6: pod xt live * ax2 212
other: laney vh100r * mesa dual rectifier * monster cables
Going to tens from your current elevens will only make the tone thinner, not brighter. You could try retubing with brighter tubes, I suppose. If you're into modding and know what to do, it's possible to change some cap values in your amp, or add some treble bypass caps to add brightness. All of Whole Lotta Led's suggestions are excellent, too.
Quote by TheDev01dOne
Or buy a guitar with single coils instead of humbuckers?

yeah that would work, also get one with a maple neck for brighter tone
MIM-v-MIA:
Quote by OneRust
The mexican one is made by mexicans in mexico, the american one is made by mexicans in california

Fender Stratocaster
Crafter D-8 Acoustic
ProTek 80w PA System
Marshall TSL602 Combo
Fender Mini Tweed Twin-Amp
Boss DS-2
Boss CH-1
well if you want more treble, you could try a treble booster. not really sure how it is, but i know BBE makes one that is around $100. then you could also go for the boutique ones that cost a bit more (such as a keeley). byoc also has a triboost pedal that has a treble booster on it. there are rangemasters and rangemaster clones on ebay as well, so there is always that route.
BBE sonic stomp, or the sonic maximizer rack unit. Excellent for brightening up your tone.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded