hey guys and girls

i've been playing guitar and bass for 2 years now and im having trouble just making songs, i can make decent riffs and come up with lryics fine but when it comes to just bringing everything all together i suck.

i find it hard to sing melodies over music without singing along with the rhythm which sounds lame. but when i try write the lyrics first i find it harder. any tips on this?

also can anyone reccomend a cheap way of recording? i dont have much money to spend.

thanks
I don't really know what to say about songwriting.. it comes fairly easy to me. But as far as recording is concerned, buy an m-audio firewire solo (given you've got $150 and your computer has a firewire port) and hook it up to your guitars, mikes, whatever and use audacity or garageband.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Quote by stradivari310
I don't really know what to say about songwriting.. it comes fairly easy to me. But as far as recording is concerned, buy an m-audio firewire solo (given you've got $150 and your computer has a firewire port) and hook it up to your guitars, mikes, whatever and use audacity or garageband.

cool, cheers bud. ill check that out