I've been playing guitar for a few months or so now and understand basic tablature enough to learn a couple of the songs on this site. However, and have came across a set of tabs for a song that I'd like to play, though it seems impossible. (though, alot of songs still seem impossible to me right now)

The beginning of jane says (ver 4) lists the following:

e|--3------3-3-3-------------------------------|
B|--3------3-3-3-2------2-2-2------------------|
G|--4------4-4-4-2------2-2-2-4p2--------------|
D|--5------5-5-5-2------2-2-2----4p2-----------|
A|--5------5-5-5-0------0-0-0------------------|
E|--3------3-3-3-------------------------------|

For the first chord, I don't know how I can possibly play this without six fingers. Can someone possibly explain this to me?
play all the 3s with ur index finger. 5s with pinky and ring and 4 with your middle.
Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V

Marshall MG100HDFX
Marshall MA50C

Boss DS-1
Digitech RP50
Digitech Whammy IV
Vox V847 Wah Pedal
Barre Chords. Bar the 3rd fret with your index finger to get the E, B, and E strings. Then use middle for the G String, and ring for D and Pinky for A
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?

barring seems really difficult to me right now. I can't get all the strings to play out when I do it, only the top two. Maybe my index finger sucks
Quote by mlfarrell

barring seems really difficult to me right now. I can't get all the strings to play out when I do it, only the top two. Maybe my index finger sucks

Your index finger doesn't suck, it's just that barre chords are a bitch when you first try to play them. The only way to get it right is to practice, and pay attention to what you're doing.
Trust me, at one point every guitarist in the world have prayed for the dark lord to send all barre chords to hell. But keep practicing, and soon enough you won't even understand why you had such trouble with them in the first place.
Quote by kyrreca
Trust me, at one point every guitarist in the world have prayed for the dark lord to send all barre chords to hell.

I prayed twice actually, all he did was send me a gift basket signed by David Hasselhoff...

Must say it's somewhat hard to believe you haven't come across one barre after a few months of looking through tabs, but whatever. The key with Barre Chords is being REALLY persistent.
Quote by acjshapiro

Quote by Vrstone87

meh, I've listened to every radiohead album and honestly don't get what everyone loves about them.....

cause you're ****ing stupid

Like others have said, its a barrechord. Just keep at it, they're a btch to learn at first but when you get them down its all good.

Btw, thats a G. ( The first chord.)
ugh. .. damn..it

no matter what I try I can't bar ANY fret on the neck. I truly appreciate all the tutorials around here. Classical position is definitely easier, but I still can't get that stupid bottom string to play, and when I do, the rest of the strings don't. I guess they weren't kidding when they said this can take months. (I've only been trying for a week)
it shouldnt take months to get that barre I can do barre chords and make them all ring very good just im not quick like I am with regular chords but do it SLOWLY and listen to each string and find the solution and wala there it is :P good luck though
Quote by SkyValley
Kids keep having sex younger and younger these days. Eventually kids will be born without their virginity and their first words will be "bow chicka bow wow."