I have a low budget for a guitar. In my local shop they have these in my price range:

Yamaha Pacifica 112j - £150
Ibanez GRG170DX - £190
Ibanez GSA60 - £190

Please give advice! Thanks!
yamaha from regents with the premium service setup IMHO (gives you a free pro setup after 6 months).

www.guitars.co.uk/
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
Quote by dragon77
Id go with one of the Ibanez guitars. Never been a big fan of Yamaha.

Same here, but yamaha does make a great harmonica.
Both the ibanez guitars are crap.

Get the yamaha. Or Epiphone G400 if you can find one

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by plankermaxx
Actually regents dont seem to have any in stock. I would go for the Cort G250 from there instead

http://www.guitars.co.uk/acatalog/Cort_G250.html

Good choice

+1 on the cort

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

^^

The Cort or Pacifica would both be fine for those genres.
The premium service is like £30 (not sure) but it is good value for 2 pro setups and it will ensure you dont get a badly manufactured guitar.

What amp do you have?

EDIT: Has to be from that shop? Doesnt seem very good...
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Last edited by plankermaxx at Aug 31, 2007,
I own that GRG. It's awesome. I have it set up perfectly and it's really nice. Plus it's eyecandy.
G&L Legacy Special -> Line 6 TonePort GX -> Gearbox\GR2

Fender DG-19 Acoustic
D'ohhh...

Ummm... you will need to change that amp at some point... Are you happy with the tone that it delivers? If you are then get the guitar first. But if you aren't satisfied then go for a new amp.

Quote by KileManA7X

At the moment I have crap everything. I would like a new guitar before amp though.
Sure, it's your choice

But remember, amp = sound guitar = playbility

Just get whatever you think is most important.

Quote by KileManA7X

How about:

Cort G250 & Harley Benton GA5 ( 5 Watt TUBE can get over drums, basicly an Epiphone Valve Junior Copy built in same factory )

Both of them from Thomann with free delivery = £226
Great price. Great gear.

Would be fine for Indie add in a Bad Monkey overdrive pedal £26 and it should be able to get heavy hard rock tones.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
^ definately

I wish I had these kind of advices when I first started...

Quote by KileManA7X

^^ I spent like a month learning all the knowledge before I bought anything

^You will find it hard to try out a GA5 but there are lots of Epi Vj's around to try out.
You will need the Bad monkey I reckon though especially if you want to get rock tones at bedroom volumes as the GA5 wont overdrive unless its at pretty loud volumes. Very cheap pedal though. Try and play the Cort or Yamaha in a shop if you can as you mightn't like the necks through a Valve junior aswell. If you've crappy accessories you should buy a few different tortex's, Planet waves cables etc.

The little things matter
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Tortex's are basicly the stanard most popular picks (plectrums) and Planet Waves makes cables for guitars amps mics etc.

What I meant is try and buy some good accessories like these rather than the cheap crap you get in starter packs.
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!