ok, here's the situation right now i own a crap amp (look at my sig) so i feel that a change is needed.

I'm looking for an amp that will cover classic rock (cream, zeppelin ect.) well. I'll be using this im my bedroom around half the time so i can't crank it as much as i'd want to but i will be playing gigs soon so i'll need some good volume to be heard over my drummer.

The most i can spend is £400 but ideally i'd want to keep some cash
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
I'd go with an Epiphone Valve Standard + an overdrive pedal.
Dissonance is Bliss

Signal Chain:
Carvin CT-4
Ibanez TS-9
Carvin Quad-X
TC Electronics G-Major
Mesa/Boogie 2:90
Ear Candy BuzzBomb

Member #4 of the Carvin Club
people always seem to like fender amps with an OD pedal. by people i mean me and jack white
get a really bad @$$ amp then get a pair of bad @$$ headphones so volume wouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind tube amp are typically way better than combo amp but are way more expensive. I use a old spider 2 by line 6, its so-so. You should just shop around and find the one you like the most.
any suggestions on headphones? or certain models of amp and pedal?
Quote by FunkasPuck
i swear, we are like the small gloucestershire village of the internet: we try god bless us, but we are about 5 years behind the rest of the world.
As I understand it, most tube amps do not come with headphone jacks. The valve standard sounds good, as do a Blues Junior and Crate Palomino V16. I'm getting the Palomino and a Bad Monkey OD next Wednesday, so I'll report on that.
A wise man is not wise because of his wiseness, but because of his manness.

Quote by floppypick
Penis.. do digimon have them?
I use behringer headphones that I got at a local music shop for under 30$ they are SUPER . but for pedals you can't go wrong with boss (my opinion). Maybe an overdrive pedal or just by a amp with effects and play around because though they ain't that great pedals are handy and a friend once said "they are concentrated kick ass"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Don't be discouraged with you gear you have to start somewhere!
tube amps and headphones dont mix. i made a headphone amp today for about $5. but fender+od=heaven of tone
MADE cool are you good with electronics? But i'm not a tube amp user so if this is you first HEAVY amp or powerful you might want to start with a combo.
i might go for the epi. (it's cheap and souds like a good deal) and some sort of OD pedal or maybe a fuzz. any suggestions?
Quote by FunkasPuck
The only tube amp with a headphone out I know of is the Peavey Royal 8. 5 watt tube combo w/master volume. Might be right up your alley for practice but it wouldn't cut it for jamming (although you could mic it.) About $200 USD. That would leave you a tidy sum for a bigger amp and you would have both situations covered.
i don't really want to buy two new amps in the space of one year and i'm getting the money from my parents and friends so they'll only help finance one amp (because we're all poor)
Quote by FunkasPuck
^I totally understand poor. I think maybe a 15 watt tube combo. Loud enough to keep up with drums (although if you crank it you won't have much clean headroom.) For distortion at bedroom levels use a pedal, it will still sound pretty good. I am just repeating what a couple of Brits said on the forum but Laney and Vox are probably your best values in the UK. I don't know what the Fenders cost over there but a Blues Junior might be an option.
Good luck.
that's why i was thinking the valve standard. it seems to have very good reviews
Quote by FunkasPuck
right, sorry for the bumpage but i tried the epiphone today and i loved it, so has anyone got any suggestions for an OD or other sort of pedal?
Quote by FunkasPuck
Congrats. Since we both play the same music I will recommend the Danelectro Daddy-O overdrive. Don't know if you can get Danelectro products. Another good one is the ElectroHarmonix Big Muff PI. For great reverb barely distinguishable from spring reverb the ElecroHarmonix Holy Grail. You will be in classic rock heaven.
get a peavey bandit series with the bad monkey pedal and headphones rly dont matter. If i were you id get the cheapest i could find =0\ and spend more monkey on a better amp

Originally Posted by .smudged.
cook with semen everybody's doing it

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

Quote by PaintOurSilence
If you want to get really sick go to a nearby subway station and lick the walls or maybe a homeless man or two .
i'd try the laney vc15/30 as well. they can be got for a similar price to the epis, and if you ask me, are better.

plus, if you're anywhere near a sound control, they have "grainger" amps. they're basically rebranded epiphone amps, for cheaper. also may be worth considering.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
i'd try the laney vc15/30 as well. they can be got for a similar price to the epis, and if you ask me, are better.

+1

Try playing the Laney vc15 or the Crate V16 and compare them to the Epi. I own the V16, I preferred it over the Epi by a long shot, but I wish I was able to try a Laney.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
fender g dec. you can put on a drum beat, change the tempo and put it in keys for you to play to. its awsome
I'll check sound control in a few days. I did try the VC 30 but i found it was just too loud to be useful at bedroom volume, i wasn't able to try the VC 15 though so I'll try to find one when i go to sound control
Quote by FunkasPuck
i'm not sure SC stock laneys... at least any one i've been in didn't. they shouldn't be that hard to find in the UK, though they aren't as ubiquitous as, say, marshall.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by --ARES--
get a really bad @$$ amp then get a pair of bad @$$ headphones so volume wouldn't be a problem. Keep in mind tube amp are typically way better than combo amp but are way more expensive. I use a old spider 2 by line 6, its so-so. You should just shop around and find the one you like the most.

Man, you know nothing.

Anyway, it depends if you can play your amp loud in your bedroom, and look at stuff like Fenders(Blues Jr), Laneys (VC15+30) Peavey Classic 30, Vox AC15, Marshall DSL401 etc
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
dave. i love you. you are the only person i've ever heard use the word ubiquitus, it's also my current bands name lol

edit: so this isn't spam. i think the vc15 is perfect for you.
Last edited by Storm_Bringer_ at Sep 2, 2007,

I started using it a lot when helen hunt was in EVERY FRIGGIN' FILM RELEASED about 7 or 8 years ago...

o_O

Kinda stuck.

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i'll have another look in cookes for a vc 15 before i go to sound control
Quote by FunkasPuck
Quote by R_H_C_P

Anyway, it depends if you can play your amp loud in your bedroom

the loudest i got to on my mg before people started complaining was around 8 on the volume, so i thought a 15 watt valve amp would be more appropriate
Quote by FunkasPuck