Page 1 of 6
Aaahhh!! I have had so many close brushes with death, it's scary! It makes me think you know, like we can die at any moment and it's so easy it's kinda scary. Anyways tell us all your closest calls with the the Grim himself.

Live life to the fullest, he's always lurking around the corner...
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
BlackZeppelin is like Ghandi. With a bigger sense of humor.
it's the silence between the notes that makes the music.
Last edited by -BlackZeppelin- at Aug 31, 2007,
I was only inches from getting ran over by a lorry... And I pissed on myself...

Not really...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

When I was 10 I fell through the ice while ice fishing, I would be dead if it weren't for my grandfather. The thing is, I can remember crystal clear this one guy who was within arms reach of me. He just stared at me as I flailed around trying to catch the corner of the ice. I'll never forget his face, or forgive him if I see him again
I almost fell off a small mountain, and I almost drowned.

Those are the closest I've come to dying.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
I had genral aneasthetic when i had some teeth taken out, i turned out to be deadly allergic to it and almost died multiple times over.

For weeks afterwards i was yellow and puking up blood and what not...not pleasant. ¬_¬ ghey
Quote by ep1kz
wtf? why didnt you punch one of them in the face or something? they're not girls, they are fat chavs, they are their own gender
i'v tryed to OD once... or twice
Quote by musical donkey
cyclobs you are demented..... in a good way
Quote by Spay
When I was 10 I fell through the ice while ice fishing, I would be dead if it weren't for my grandfather. The thing is, I can remember crystal clear this one guy who was within arms reach of me. He just stared at me as I flailed around trying to catch the corner of the ice. I'll never forget his face, or forgive him if I see him again

hes a dick
Quote by kidsthesedays
i often have urges to throw things at walls. and kick toddlers. i'm pretty sure that without the moral/legal/ethical ramifications, kicking a toddler like a football would be the most entertaining thing in the world.

Last night I almost overdosed on Hydrocodone.
No joke. Threw up blood/food and it was awful...

The high was great though.
Quote by shattamakar
The only advantage of home-schooling is that it gives you good reason to commit suicide.

Hit this once or twice, and you'll be twice as nice.
Quote by Spay

The Reaper!! but seriously, what a dick move!
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
i was drunk with a bunch of friends on my roof, and almost fell off.

my sober friend grabbed me as i was falling.

we got off the roof after that.
i've had alot, never been hospitalized, but i almost drown a few times - cliff jumping and getting disoriented underwater and swiming NOT up
when i got hit by a car - it wasn't going very fast, but you stand in teh middle if teh road and get boinked
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
never really been close to death. Stabbed myself in the leg with a very big knife though, and yes i was pretty klumpsy
Ibanez RGA 121 w/ SD SH-6b & SH-2n Jazz
Ibanez RGA 121
Epiphone G-400 w/ EMG 81&60A
Fender Stratocaster Original 1978 Sunburst
Alvarez Acoustic DY-85

Fender G-Dec 8" 15W

VOX AD120VT 2*12" 120W

KORG AX1500G
i nearly got impaled by a pole when i was about 8 or 9

i was standing on the street by the parked cars with my friend and we were looking off in the distance to some kid doing something, there was one of those long trucks (smaller than a semi) coming up behind us and we didnt mind because we thought it would just pass by, we didn't realize we were into the street too far. my friend turned around and pulled me back without saying anything and i was like wtf did you do that for and then he said that truck would have hit me

in retrospect we will never know if it would have hit me, but i trust his judgement and thank him for doing that although he was only like 11 at the time
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.
I've almost drowned a few times, and have almost been hit by various vehicles. My friend OD'd on E the other day and almost died. It was pretty nerve-wracking.
Quote by Ninjake
... isn't mung like, a bean?
When I was younger I got my tonsils removed, and everything was great for a week or so. But as it turns out, a vein in my neck didn't heal. I started throwing up blood. It ran down my throat, and a damn near drowned in it. I went to the hospital, and they sent me home. It happened a few more times and then I finally went back and got surgery to close the vein. The whole time I was so anemic I couldnt eat or stand up. It sucked.
"He can dance if he wants too, he can leave his friends behind..."

Quote by Tsucchi
Because nothing is sexier than a man with a mouth full of crayons.
During the time when me and my friends made an independent film group I did quite a bit of stunt work.

One stunt involved doing a handspring over a metal fence that was around my neck height, and had horrible grip, as it had a looping pattern. As I ran up to jump I missed with one hand, and so was unable to push my self round. Because of this I tucked my head down out of instinct and ended up smashing my forehead/eyebrows area into the other side of the fence. I fell down straight onto my back on the rough grass, and got up straight away and brushed it off. I didn't want to draw too much attention to myself as it was mildly embarrassing.

I felt dizzy for a long time so might have suffered from concussion, but I did wonder for quite a while if I could have possibly smashed my nose into my skull, or even just hit my head hard enough to go into a coma.

Unfortunately it was just something I wanted to try out rather than use in a film, and we didn't have any cameras with us. Would have been interesting to see how close I was to fully hitting my head.

Blimey, wall of text
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
damn, this is some real **** right here.
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
3 days after i was born i had to get some serious open heart surgey

but that's it basically
Quote by BrianApocalypse
They're all covers, but "Think" was actually written by Urethra Franklin.

Founder of the Offical Henry Polfave Sucks club
I almost drowned when I was like 7 or 8. I was riding my bike around my grandparents' pool (not the smartest idea, considering I had just learned how to ride on two wheels) and I fell in. Luckily my grandma was outside gardening at the time so she helped me out.

I've almost got hit by a few cars, but that's about it otherwise.

Oh, and I was really really small when I was born (weighed less than 4 pounds, my dad said he could hold me in the palm of his hand) and the doctors thought I wasn't going to make it. But I'm still here.
i was 60 feet up in a tree, and a tree branch i was standing on broke, and i luckly grabbed around the trunk and was hanging there.
|
what happened after that? how did you get down?
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
what happened after that? how did you get down?

i eventully swung my legs to a tree branch after having to slide about 6ft down the trunk,
|
Almost drowned in a rainwater outfall at the beach if it hadn't been for an elderly couple. As far as I remember, I didn't have any accidents at the Grand Canyon either.

damn, this is some real **** right here.

I know, I was expecting alot of people to bull**** here but most of this is pretty real
I've almost been hit by cars when riding my bike, but thats about it.
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace.
-Jimi Hendrix
dunno how many tmes I've nearly been run over on my bmx, or a skateboard, and falling off the sides of mountains and **** doing free climbing. oh well, I don't really care.

you fear death you might as well fear a door whose other side is unknown to you
Quote by blackflag49
I been shot 9 times.

i didnt noe 50 cent was on the ultimate guitar forums or that he actually had the skill to play guitar
Quote by MetalMusicianAl
i didnt noe 50 cent was on the ultimate guitar forums or that he actually had the skill to play guitar

You would be surprised.
Get off my lawn.
too many drugs. saw the white light after some weird seizure type thing. My friend said my heart stopped beating and i wasn't breathing. I don't really know . I have a new respect for my life now though.
i was crossing the street and a speeding car i didnt see almost hit me if my friend didnt call me a dumbass and grab my shirt and pull me back
One year that I was going through a lotttttttttt of stuff, I had an ulcer and basically anything I ate I'd throw it all up... I lost 20 pounds in 2 weeks... I was I think 99 pounds at 5'6 tall... It sucked a lot. I'm not sure if I was definately going to die, but they ran like a crapload of tests on me because if I lost that much more weight in 2 weeks again I could've died? Also, I've had like 7 or 8 concussions. Supposedly the next few I get might kill me.. but I ... like hockey too much to stop playing.
Not really close to death with this one but freaky enough...shortly after 9/11 I had been in the navy for 4 years already and was on watch. So I am up on the flight deck with my M14 and everything else strapped to me when I see this small single prop plan dive over the railroad bridge (that was raised) and heads straight towards me and my boat. After a second I guess the pilot realized he was going the wrong way and he turned hard and got the hell out of there. I couldn't believe it but about one more second I would of had my rifle off my shoulder and been shooting down a plane...all in Portsmith VA. Other then that, fell off roofs, choked...was on a weapons elevator when some asshole snapped the break on a skid and 2 tons of weight fell about 4 inches...I got the **** off that L real quick.
one time i was riding my bike and i didnt know how to use the brakes and a car was backing up from the drive way and i crashed into it,everyone that was on the street was laughing at me , and this other time i was riding my bike when i was still learning how to ride, some jackass on his motorcycle was speeding down my street and i wasnt good at turning so i had no other choice but to jump off. and 3 years ago i went to mexico and we went to the beaches and i wanted to get in the water so i went in the water with my jeans on and the waves took me pretty far so i started screaming cause its hard to swim with jeans on so some lifeguard guy comes running out of nowere and starts swimming like crazy and takes me to the sand.
I apparently almost died a day or two after I was born and I had to go in the like E.R. but I don't remember that (of course). Last week I almost went blind cause I had some strange eye infection. If I had waited another hour or two before deciding to check myself into an urgent care center, I would have lost my vision forever which would have kinda sucked. Now I just have scars on my eyes...
Quote by Reverb X
I think you should touch your penis. It solves all problems.

Quote by JimmyPageda2nd
My penis is not huge.

EDIT: If anyone sigs that, I'll beat their ass.

Member of the Nobody Club:We Don't Matter Enough To Have Titles. PM gunther_sucks to join
lol I got so many...

1. 1992, car crash, I was 1 month at the hospital.
2. 1997 car hit me, passed on red light.
3. 2000 earthquake
4. 2001 I almost fell down a balcony
5. 2003 car crash again
6. 2007 Gallblader stones, if I wouldn't go to the hospital I'd be dead by now..

I wait for more, this pussy the grim reaper has set me on his target.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
damn bro your lucky though!
-\_/-
Quote by Fred1000000
I had a couple of near death experiences.

When i was 3, i stuck a nail into an electrical socket and got blasted around 10 feet back.
When i was 5, i was walking around a pool, and fell in. Luckily there was this woman who helped me out before i drowned.
When i was 10, i got hit by a car, but it was going pretty slowly, so nothing serious.
2 years ago, when i was 13, i got severe meningitis, which could be fatal, but thankfully wasn't.

Thats it for the first 15 years of my life.

You only have one lifetime. USE IT!!!

The Athiest of Zeppelinism. PM The Heartbreaker to join.

We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!:UG Naked Club