Would 60 solid state watts be enough to play in a garage band and smaller gigs? Like over the drums, bassist's amp, vocalist, ect...?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

-kosmic
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
i would think it would cause i use a 15 watt ss and i get heard over my drummer fine and that's 4x the wattage
Yes to practice, and you can always mic it into the PA for shows.
I highly recommend that everyone interested in making money online join this site.

<3
no but a 15watt tube is

lol ok i won't be mean. it should be enough. i went over with 30w solid state. but it wouldn't be a decent tone. solid state gets mushy when its higher volume. if u can buy 60w solid state, u'd rather get 15w tube. it can get louder, with better tone at the loudness.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
play the damn thing and see yourself. 9 times out of 10, an amp shouldn't be based on it's wattage.
That's what she said
it will be mediocre to ok, i would get more, is this a half stack or a combo tho, and wat manufacturer
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Yeah, the standard rule is that you'll need at least 50w solid state. Of course it's negligable once you start mic'ing things up. I saw someone play a festival (Reading) with a Cube 30.
Ibanez PGM301
Ibanez GRG170DX
Fender Telecaster MiJ - 1986
Swing T-Through

Ibanez TS9DX
Sovtek Small Stone - c.1985
EHX Big Muff
Kimbara Wah - c.1974
Boss GE-7

Orange Rocker 30 Combo

http://www.myspace.com/paythelay
Quote by livingontheedge
i would think it would cause i use a 15 watt ss and i get heard over my drummer fine and that's 4x the wattage

Ah, but not four times as loud. Not even twice as loud.
Shiny metallic purple armor.
Quote by Paper Snowman
Ah, but not four times as loud. Not even twice as loud.

+2

Yea, you should be fine.

Gear:
-------------------------------
Guitar:
MIM Fender Strat

Amps:
Mesa/Boogie Dual Recto
Cube 60

Quote by wyldedarko
Dude, if you already have the capo just put it behind the nut and it lowers everything.

n00bS....
Thanks guys. I've looking into buying a Cube 60, but I still want to do a little more research. I played one at Sam Ash today and I rather like the tones but I didn't get a chance to really crank it.
Daron. The Pit loves you.
daron aka kosmic is now a pit legend
Best post on the pit. Good for you.
thats pretty epic.
So you're like a slower paced Forrest Gump...
Yup...
meh yes it will but if you turn any solid state amp up itll sound like crap(i mean really,i hd a 60 watt roland cube and di not like te way it sounded turned up)