I've been playing for a couple years now, bought an epiphone sg for 150 bucks only months after I started playing (acousitc ibanez was my first), the epi was the only thing I could afford at the time, and sadly I honestly picked it more for it's looks than anything. anyays, I've had it for damn near 2 years now and have come to realise a decent looking guitar doesn't mean ****

went into to the local guitar shop and talked to a guy about it and he said his nOObie brother had one and playing on it made him NOT want to play guitar, it sucked that bad.

So it's time for an upgrade, at the store I layd alot of guitars but one that really caught my eye was the checter c- classic. amazingly beautiful guitar, but at 700 dollars I was skeptical to plug it in cause I knew if I liked it there'd almost be no turning back.

but it freaking rocked. could be a combination of great guitar and the stack/tube set up I was plugged into, but regardless I love it

but I'm trying to keep my options open and not fall head of heals for this guitar.

so I talked to some people and they claimed the vine of life inlay would fall out with intermediate use over the next 4-5 years. I certainly hope not, as their any validity to this claim?

thats the only thing going against it, I've heard great things so far about it.

and if your going to make a suggestion must be under 700 dollars, have a neck through body design, and versatilty must be very high. I play everything from classical to metal, I need those clear clean and harsh distorted metal tones.
What amp do you have? Big rule of thumb; a good amp comes before a good guitar. It's okay to get both at the same time, but a $3000 dollar guitar is still going to sound bad through a crappy amp.
But if your amp is already decent, then the Schecter is a good choice. And I've never heard about any bizarre things like the inlay falling out.
well, if your playing classical, you'll probably want a bolt on or set neck, you might be surprised but most shreddersuse bolt on or set because the notes don't ring forever, and if you're doing that type of thing you want each note to be really clear, but i mean it all depends on wat you like, but you're not gonna find many neck through guitars at 700, jackson is probably your best bet, but i think the only neck through thats a decently priced (in otehr words not insanely expensive) is teh soloist in teh MG series, but try lots of guitars from different manufacturers and see wat you like best, and the schecter c-classic is beautiful...too bad that inlay fall out (if those ppl are right)
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by which ones pink
What amp do you have? Big rule of thumb; a good amp comes before a good guitar. It's okay to get both at the same time, but a $3000 dollar guitar is still going to sound bad through a crappy amp.
But if your amp is already decent, then the Schecter is a good choice. And I've never heard about any bizarre things like the inlay falling out.

ya thats true, i just boght a jackson DKMG dinky and buying a marshall head from my friend, it hope they sound great together havn't played the amp yet, and i havn't gottent eh guitar yet (should be coming in soon) but try the schecter again in an amp that you have, for example if you have a crappy 30 watt practice amp, don't be testing through an orange half stack
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
I have a 65 watt crate amp with 16 effects settings, pretty good distortion, and it's got a 12 inch celestion speaker.

always done my good, not bad at small venues either.
^^That Marshall head isn't an MG, is it?

Solid state Crate amps aren't the greatest, but they're not the worst either. I would go for a guitar at this point, as yours is pretty crappy.
Last edited by which ones pink at Aug 31, 2007,