Me and my friends are always playing CS: Source and I wanted to know a couple things. One, how can I make my own server? and two, how can I get admin? Nooby questions, I know but any advice would be great.
Gear
Schecter C-1 Artist
Vox AD15VT
Epiphone EJ-200 Acoustic
u can only make ur own server for free if ur in a LAN.

u have to buy a server i furgot the prices im sure theres a site for the prices just google it.

and u can get admin to a server by an admin giving u admin powers also.
sometimes you can also pay like $5 a month for admin in a server.

any more questions?
Call me Trey.
or you could just download the Steam Source Dedicated server client and run a temporary server for you and your friends while your on.
Quote by Mudvayne_LP
u can only make ur own server for free if ur in a LAN.

u have to buy a server i furgot the prices im sure theres a site for the prices just google it.

and u can get admin to a server by an admin giving u admin powers also.
sometimes you can also pay like $5 a month for admin in a server.

any more questions?

You don't need to be in a LAN to make a server. You can host a public server. It won't run great, but it'll do the job. It's not super easy to explain, so just use google.
-JP
Quote by KaLiStO
You don't need to be in a LAN to make a server. You can host a public server. It won't run great, but it'll do the job. It's not super easy to explain, so just use google.

yeah well i use 1.6 not source so idk if there the same.
Call me Trey.
if you set up your own server then you'll need to set up an admin plugin on it to have any kind of admin controls.
PLAY UP POMPEY

POMPEY PLAY UP!

one question for counter strike aficionados, is cs for xbox (the first xbox of course) any good? is the community cool or just a bunch of douchebags?
Quote by .smudged.
one question for counter strike aficionados, is cs for xbox (the first xbox of course) any good? is the community cool or just a bunch of douchebags?

ive played it but not on xbox live.

i prefer the computer version much better.

i imagine both are full of the same kinda ppl..
Call me Trey.
the cs 1.6 community is undeniably the worst gaming community in the world, so i dunno bout the xbox verison
BASSLINES TO MAKE YOUR CHEST CAVITY SHUDDER.