Alright, I've got $150 and I intend to blow it all on bass accessories. I'm getting a strap, a nice cord, and some effects pedals. My question is about the pedals. I'm thinking about a distortion pedal and a wah pedal. What kind of effects would you guys reccomend? I'm thinking mabye $50 for each one, so any suggestion in that range would be great. Thanks,

-Copius
get an even better cable. Seriously, spend a good amount of money on one and make sure its long and look after it.

Im a fan of pirhana cables after ive owned one for a couple of years and its been abused over and over yet it still works!

They have awesome colours too.

effects wise - the OBD3 i think cant be that expensive. It's made by boss and is supposed to be pretty good.

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
i like the digitech multi effects pedals
Everybody Loves Lefty..

Lefties Unite!

Melodic Thrash Metal and winners of the Wacken Metal Battle Canada and 2nd Place Runner Ups for Wacken Metal Battle International

PROFANER
Some cables have lifetime warranties, just keep the packaging and you're set for life. Unless they go out of buisness. If you want a cheap pedal, check out digitech. I haven't had any problems with mine, and they're only like 40 bucks.
Unless you go on eBay, the pedals you can afford won't be good. If you do go on ebay, you can easily get a Dunlop Bass Wah and either a Digitech Bass Driver or the Boss ODB3 for $100 together.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Digitech, Boss, and Dunlop (MXR) have great quality products, usually with Digitech more on the budget side of things. If you need a multi-effects, Digitech makes the BP80 which has a drum machine, expression pedal, 81 possible presets, and the ability to mix your own effects for about $100.
My favourite chorus I have used was atcually the small clone from EHX. And threadstarter, like thefitz said, you'd better look used with your budget because you won't find much brand new for $50 per pedal that is of any useable quality.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
I have a digitech bp80, thats pretty cheap (I think) and quite gd fun to play around with.
Quote by chinese_jazz
One morning I shot an elephant in my pajamas. How he got in my pajamas, I don't know.

Jaco Pastorius

E-A-G-L-E-S!!