I'm having some crazy hum/hiss/feedback problems with my set up, so I'm taking action, first I'm retubing my JSX, because I'm pretty sure my tubes are incredible microphonic which definitely contributes to the crazy feedback and hum/hiss.

Secondly, I've decided to rewire/resolder my wiring in my guitar, as well as shield it, as I figure some sloppy wiring when I installed my pick ups might be part of the problem.

Here's where I need your help, I really do not know what I'm doing when it comes to cleaning up the wiring, so I'm getting an electrician(my dad) to help me out with it, is there any websites you could link me up to that could show me a diagram of what I should be doing, or any sort of explanation/steps to help me out here, so I can tell my dad exactly what needs to be done?

Any help here would be greatly appreciated, thanks in advance!

***NOTE: Do not recommend a noise suppressor, I've owned the ISP Decimator, Boss NS-2 and the MXR smart gate.***
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
Mesa Traditional cab w/ v30's
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
first make sure it isn't your cables that are the source of noise

yea i'm no good at electronics
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Wiring diagrams should be found on the website for the manufacturer.
Quote by Ylasto
R.I.P Ean.

Are there any other members of Lynyrd Skynyrd who are dead?
I use a brand new planet waves cable (I've tested a bunch of others and have had the same problem).
I don't need just a basic wiring diagram though, I'm looking for directions of some sort to how to shield and clean up the wiring.
Thanks though.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded
Personally I'd recommend trying the noise gate on your amp, if that doesn't work, try plugging your guitar into a practice amp (30W or less) and turn it up to full with distortion. If you get get same feedback\hiss, it'll be your guitar. At that point I'd recommend trying shielding your guitar. If that doesn't happen, I'd recommend retubing your amp and seeing what happens. Tubes are expensive and plugging your guitar into another amp is cheap. Make sure its not your guitar before you go about spending money on tubes that you may or may not need. Keep us updated!!
Native Pride

Better to reign in hell

Member of the UG Luthier's club. PM AlGeeEater to join, luthier's only
Member of The Future Embrace, UG's Billy Corgan/Smashing Pumpkins fan club. PM musiclover2399 to join .
^dude all amps get feedback hiss in a crappy ss with full distortion. its inevitable
Yeah well I wanted to retube my amp anyway, its actually getting retubed as we speak with KT77 power amp tubes and ECC83s preamp tubes, I wasn't to happy with the stock EL34 sound. So hopefully that'll fix a lot of the problem. And yeah with my practice rig, I have a solid state BC rich amp, and I run the Distortion factory pedal through it and I get the hum and hiss, but I don't get the feedback. One of the reasons why I think it's microphonic tubes that are the main culprit for the nasty feedback.
Main rig:
ESP Horizon FR-II
ENGL Invader 150
ISP Decimator Pro Rack G
BBE Sonic Maximizer 482i

Back up rig:
ESP Eclipse STBC
LTD EC-1000 VB
Framus Cobra modded