Alright So Im In a band that makes harcore music but we don't have a screamer.

So i was wondering if there is any screamers out there that can let me know how to scream without screwing your vocal apparatus up.

Or is it a thing that your just born with?
Quote by Codeman26
Alright So Im In a band that makes harcore music but we don't have a screamer.

So i was wondering if there is any screamers out there that can let me know how to scream without screwing your vocal apparatus up.

Or is it a thing that your just born with?

Perhaps
I don't know, but I've heard that allot of vocalists that scream and don't have totally screwed up vocal chords use special throat sprays. some music shops carry this stuff or you could order it, it might be worth looking into.
google it

wikipedia answers has some good stuff on it.

just google "how to scream"

and it takes about a year of practice do have a pretty decent scream

u cant just practice for a weak and be like alexi laiho or sumthing.
Call me Trey.
haha its not really something that you can type an explanation of. Umm if u really wanna know check out the dvd called the zen of screaming its pretty sick thats how i learned.
Quote by Diet_coke_head
I keep a plunger in my bathroom...my insperation usually clogs the toilet.
i use clear ease and then u should look into the dvds "the zen of screaming" youll learn a lot more about it then you will on here, trust me.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
You need to use you stomach. DO NOT scream from your thought or you WILL hurt yourself. Also, let out as little air as you can. It doesn't need to be loud, it's you PA system's job to make it loud. Pretend you have a candle in front of you and if you blow it out then you die.
No, there's technique behind it all. Every sound has a different technique. The basic idea is too not use your throat at all, it's merely a passage way for air. Instead of pushing with your throat, push with your stomach, your diaphragm. Then you growl with like your mouth, almost like the roof of your mouth, or the back of it or something. Not quite sure, but that's the general overview. Oh ya, and don't push a lot of air out, it's natural for it to be a little quiet, and that's the mics job to pick it up and amplify it. If it still hurts, your doing it wrong. You should be able to do it for at least a couple of minutes if you do it correctly. Just be sure to drink plenty of water. There are a couple of actually really good videos on youtube. "Bangladesh" has a couple good ones, and so does this other guy, can't remember his user name, but he mentions bangladesh, the you'll know it's him.
Last edited by TSaxnBassist at Aug 31, 2007,
^ I have to say there is some technique to it. not everybody can scream. its something you have to be willing to work for, and willing to run the risk of messing up your voice if you scream wrong.
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
i figured out through trial and error. for me it comes from my lower throat, below my vocal cords, then i just adjust my mouth for different pitches. Just keep trying and you'll find a way that works.
Last.fm

I saw tail lights, last night, in a dream about my old life
Everybody leaves so why, why wouldn't you?
Use you diaphragm (stomach) like taking a deep breath
Warm up before you scream, like doing scales or just singing normally
try for a nasally sound, like through your nose.
drink plenty of water before during and after
if it hurts, stop
Scream, get over your self-consciousness and make the sound you'd make if you walked in on your parents hacked up for barbaque.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
TSaxnBassist actually said it all. just try not to scream by your vocal cords. if it sounds wrong, don't worry, the right sounding will come with practicing
світ втомився від вас
There a thread in the metal forum, here: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=275389&page=2&pp=40&highlight=spynal+screaming

Look out for Spynals posts as he can do both growls and screams and gives some damn good advice. There is one post in particular that I tried to find but I really don't have the time to look through 21 pages to find it.
All-O-Gistics:

Thou shalt always go for greatness
Thou shalt not commit adulthood (ALL)
Thou shalt not partake of decaf (ALL!)
Thou shalt not have no idea (ALL)
Thou shalt not allow anything to deter you in your quest for all (ALL!)