So I've been wanting a Venus fly trap for a while now and I finally picked one up. Does anyone have any experience with these or tips??

Pics

Current Setup

Sorry about the huge size. Advice for care welcome.
Last edited by Guitarherosucks at Sep 1, 2007,
My sister won one before and it died.

*leaves*
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
I was extremely disappointed when mine didn't behave like the one in Little Shop of horrors.
My style is impetuous.
My defense is impregnable, and I'm just ferocious.
I want your heart.
I want to eat your children.

-Mike Tyson
hamburger is extremely bad for them, you should feed them mealworms or something if possible.
Real eyes realise real lies.
Quote by IlikeTheSKA
I was extremely disappointed when mine didn't behave like the one in Little Shop of horrors.

haha, my sister won it at that Play..

Oh and they need lots of sunlight I believe
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Yes, I had one a few years ago. I don't think it ever caught anything.. it died after a month or so and it stank badly
pics?
WHITE STRIPES

Quote by Placenta_07
I look at boobs and bums and stuff I get really horny and stuff.

PARTY OF SPECIAL THINGS TO DO
Quote by Zeh
hamburger is extremely bad for them, you should feed them mealworms or something if possible.

well it stayed alive very long untill i knocked i was on shrooms having a bad trip and ripped it apart because i thought it was going to eat all the food in my house and i was going to starve to death.So i guess hamburger didnt hurt it
I'll post some pictures tomorrow. It's three fairly small plants in one pot. I read that feeding them hamburger is a bad idea. I was thinking about keeping them near a window.
Quote by BlueGatorade
well it stayed alive very long untill i knocked i was on shrooms having a bad trip and ripped it apart because i thought it was going to eat all the food in my house and i was going to starve to death.So i guess hamburger didnt hurt it

ouch that would be one weird trip, at least you didn't consider that it might eat you when you were shrooming.
I was so tempted to buy one a few months back but for some reason decided not to.

I'll probably convince myself to pick one up in the near future.
This probably doesn't belong here but i dont think that a venus flytrap should be put in the kingdom of plants... it just doesn't fit right
Quote by iantheman
I went to school stoned twice. the first time was a lot of fun, but the second time we had a guest speaker from the women's resource center come in, and talk about rape. I couldn't contain my laughter. Never again.
Quote by LespaulsRcool
This probably doesn't belong here but i dont think that a venus flytrap should be put in the kingdom of plants... it just doesn't fit right

It is isnt it?
^ lol
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
I always wanted to put my penis in a venus fly trap, so TS do it.
Founder of Jaco society

[22:08:23] <Confusius> I wish I was a bassist
[22:08:26] <Confusius> you fuckers look cool

Want to know how to play bass in jazz? Read this.