I don't know if it's just me, but when I play with my wah, it doesn't have that WOOOOOOOAAAAAHHHH sound I expect all wahs should have...

It has more of a quack, but is that because my wah is specified to sound more like a vintage wah?

Also, i'm not saying the wah is horrible or anything, it's just that I can't seem to make the wah sounds I usually hear clapton, Jonny Lang, Robin Trower, etc.

Tips!
Co-Founder of the Orange Revolution Club

-Esp/Ltd Ec-1000 w/ BKP Mules
-2-channel Titan
-Oversized Bogner 2x12 Cabinet
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-T.C. Electronic Nova Delay
-Larrivee D-03R
find a sweet spot in the pedal and maneuver a bit around there rather than full up and down motions. plus, what's the wah?
RMC Picture Wah.

And I think I should do that...

I've been doing the "go all the way up and all the way down" technique.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Quote by Jrsnyder881
If you have other pedals connected make sure the wah is placed in front of the others

Does it really matter what the order is in?

And in front as in before the guitar, right?

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
yeah thats right(wah order in chain). well im not sure about mods, but try adjusting the pots range
do the range i suggested, plus put your wah immediately after your guitar (it sounds better if it's before other effects, but make sure it has bypassing on it, otherwise it might color your tone a bit).
The wah is true-bypassed.

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
^You can do that?

Wait, what does that do? o_o

-2-channel Titan
-Fulltone OCD
-RMC Picture Wah
-Larrivee D-03R
Yeah I have a Dimebag signature wah and if its placed after my tube distortion pedal it sounds like a duck but if its put in front it sounds alot better still not 100% potential though
placing a wah first doesnt always work. on my fuzz pedal i have to place the fuzz first otherwise the wah would suck.
Quote by Jinskee
^You can do that?

Wait, what does that do? o_o

"Easy" range adjustment: Takes some of the shrill highs out of a Dunlop Crybaby. This one requires no soldering skills at all, and I regularly do it to many of the wahs I service. To lower/raise the working range slightly, set the wah on a table, face down with the battery end towards your gut, and press the pedal down to the stop. Remove the bottom plate and locate the toothed bar that turns the pot axle. Move the treadle up/down a few times, to familiarize yourself with which way the pot turns as you press the treadle down towards the toe end. With a phillips-head screwdriver, remove (or just loosen it enough to turn it sideways) the white plastic flange that presses the toothed bar against the pot axle gears, and release the bar. Now you can manually turn the pot one or two notches back. Viewed from the battery end, you turn the pot towards you (it's clockwise, if you view the pot assembly from the left). There is room to safely adjust it two notches or so before the pot runs out of play.

that's from a dunlop mod website. it works on most wahs.
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard