Poll: strat w/ h-buckers...
Poll Options
View poll results: strat w/ h-buckers...
worthy investment
10 33%
not worth it
20 67%
Voters: 30.
i have a squier strat now with 3 single coils that i love but im looking for a new guitar w/ humbuckers.
i was wondering if a strat w/ humbuckers is a worthy investment over other guitars i liek alot such as a schecter damien 6 or ESP ec-400
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Depends on what kind of stuff you're looking into playing? The fat strat really is a great guitar though, you get the humbucker sound + having those sought after middle and neck strat tones.
i play anythign from my chemical romance to atreyu to paramore to avenged sevenfold

i have a marshall 15 watt practice amp
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
It's me but I would up that amp before anything, new guitar or a mod to your one right now.
any recommendations for a new AMP then?

im also getting a boss distortion pedal by christmas
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
well, i definitely liek the sound i get through my amp now....

jw, y do u guys think i should get a new amp? im not in a band or anything
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
you don't have to have those high watts, but with a new amp, you can get a great sound out of your current guitar, and also if you upgrade guitars you will be getting those better tones. Those practice amps they sell at entry level are basicaly a speaker with volume control.
Quote by gagnerants
you don't have to have those high watts, but with a new amp, you can get a great sound out of your current guitar, and also if you upgrade guitars you will be getting those better tones. Those practice amps they sell at entry level are basicaly a speaker with volume control.

well the marshall i have is a good sized 15 watt w/ clean/distortion, controls for each and the basic middle treble bass controls, it gets the job done... u know?
and i like the sound it produces w/ my guitar.

the new cable i got kinda sux tho
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Why not find out for yourself, if your into modding a bit, try http://store.guitarfetish.com/wipi.html and maybe youll like it, maybe not, your only out 40 bucks.
Custom Telecaster
Alvarez RD20SSB
Jasmine S-35
*Epiphone FT-130

"Yeah, I'm real deep when I'm not busy masturbating or setting off fireworks." - John Mayer
yo thats a really good idea but theres 2 problems. i dont know how to mod and i wanna keep my squier as it is
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
w/ those, it wouldnt b hard to do tho rite, just connect wire to wire real simple or is it more complicated?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
If you want to get a new amp, buy a Roland Cube. It'll fit your needs for now.
Sent from my iPad.
You would still have to solder a couple things if you went for one of those GFS wired pickguards. And also if your Squier doesn't have a big enough route for the bridge pickup to be a humbucker, then that would mean routing time, or at least some half ass method of making the pickup cavity bigger.
If you already have a strat, it's not worth getting another just for humbuckers when there are so many other alternatives out there.

It seems like you'd benefit more from a new amp though - but with an amp it's better to play it yourself before you decide.
Metal Forum Popular Vote Winner!!!

Quote by webbtje
Quote by dead-fish
And you're obviously here because you fancy Phill.
Phill is a very attractive guy...

"I'm so tempted to sig that, Phill" - Sig it then

Unless otherwise stated, assume everything I say is in my opinion.
i'd get a new amp first.

how much money did you have in mind for the guitar? what type of music do you play?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
i can pretty much spend as much as i have whcih im assuming will b sumwhere over 500$ but i wanna get more lessons too so im think 450 on guitar and about 200 on lessons

i play hard rock to alternative like anywhere from atreyu and avenged sevenfold to paramore and my chemical romance
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
how much could you find a second hand peavey xxx/6505 combo for? that's most likely what i'd consider.

you could also maybe consider putting a humbucker in your strat, if it's routed for one under the pickguard, that is.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?