Poll: which should i get
Poll Options
View poll results: which should i get
new guitar
3 60%
effects pedals and stuff like that
2 40%
Voters: 5.
ive been playing for about a year, getting to b a decent player, cant shred or anything but im getting noticably better

my birthday is in a couple of months and i want a new guitar but reading sum stuff on here has got me thinking... should i get a new guitar, or should i get effects and pedals and the like 1st?
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
You probably need an amp first depending on what you have.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
if you have an mg, get a new amp, the vox ad30vt or 50 vt would be awesome for your second amp, i love mine to death, and i've compared it side by side with full tube amps, the only amp i'd trade it for is a high dollar tube amp, if you're not happy with your sound, it's most likely the amp
Quote by Chad11491
if you have an mg, get a new amp, the vox ad30vt or 50 vt would be awesome for your second amp, i love mine to death, and i've compared it side by side with full tube amps, the only amp i'd trade it for is a high dollar tube amp, if you're not happy with your sound, it's most likely the amp

but thats the thing i liek the sound
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
like /\/\ said even the ad15 is still a great amp, and it can last you awhile, even if you get a high end full stack you still need something to practice on, it's a great for it's price point
depends guitar are more expensive, but you shouldn't get a bad guitar.
Pedals if the guitar you have could be better, Guitar If you parents can shell some cash

DON't BUY A DELECTRO PEDAL! they cont $20 but they suck crap
well, my parents r gonan give me 350 bux towards the guitar for my b-day and i have money and im getting more so i was thinking get new guitar and get back to lessons
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
You can't go wrong with Ibanez, Fender, Gibson

Maybe schecter but I haven't herd very nive things about them
Also depends On what you plan to play
Get a tube amp. That will make you sound way better than any guitar will.
Fender MIA Telecaster with DiMarzio noiseless single coils
-Fulltone OCD
-Ibanez Analog Delay
-Dunlop Crybaby Wah
Fender Blues Junior
Fender MIM Jazz Bass with Noiseless pickups
Mesa Walkabout
Epiphone AC200SCE Acoustic
Quote by --ARES--
You can't go wrong with Ibanez, Fender, Gibson

Maybe schecter but I haven't herd very nive things about them
Also depends On what you plan to play

rite now the 3 guitars i liek the most are an ESP a schecter and an ibanez but there are many others id liek to play
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by Schmidty8890
Get a tube amp. That will make you sound way better than any guitar will.

actually listen to people that say this, tube amps will give you alot better sound. Think about this why have a thousand dollar tv if your only going to use a normal antena for it
problems with like lol, its all good

But I have a Ibanez S series I pick up for 650 give me five and ill post it on my page under gear or something

Out of all those I'd pick Ibanez but have you played all of these guitar brands because the details don't mean crap it it sounds like crap