I go to a local music store that sells them (it aint bass) but I couldn't find anything wrong with it for the 20 min I played it. I think they MIGHT (big might) be part of a larger company
OLP is affiliated with MusicMan.

I've played several OLP Sub basses and wasn't too impressed by them. I'd look around, I've never been a fan of OLP basses. If you were aiming for that, I'd save up a little bit more money and invest into a MIM Fender P or J bass.
OLP = decent MM copy, but Squier Vintage Modified = much much better Jazz copy. Buy Vintage Modified until OLP up their game.
And yet, to me, what is this quintessence of dust? Man delights not me: no, nor woman neither... nor women neither.
I love OLP basses. I think my next bass might actually be a Tony Levin sig, and I still own my old MM-3 (only bass I still own). I'd recommend them to anyone.
The Tony Levin sig looks sweet, but I owned a MM2 and I hated it. The neck was extremely weak and would bend easily. It would go sharp or flat depending on the angle of the bass; the headstock's own weight would bend the neck. The tone was bland, there was little true bottom end, it didn't sound like a Stingray, the body was 3 pieces of basswood, the flame maple looked like it was applied by crayon, the pickguard looked like a sticker, the nut was weak and would chip, and it was somewhat neck-divey.

But other than that, I loved it.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Fitz man, your experience is the only OLP horror story I've heard like that.

From the one I've played a lot (my friend's) they're pretty decent.
haha
Quote by MetalUpTheAss
Fitz man, your experience is the only OLP horror story I've heard like that.

I have an MM3, and it's great. The only thing that pissed me off about it was that I bought seymour duncans, and they couldn't be fitted

But overall it's a very good bass
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Quote by thefitz
The Tony Levin sig looks sweet, but I owned a MM2 and I hated it. The neck was extremely weak and would bend easily. It would go sharp or flat depending on the angle of the bass; the headstock's own weight would bend the neck. The tone was bland, there was little true bottom end, it didn't sound like a Stingray, the body was 3 pieces of basswood, the flame maple looked like it was applied by crayon, the pickguard looked like a sticker, the nut was weak and would chip, and it was somewhat neck-divey.

But other than that, I loved it.

Fitz seems to have the ability to bring out the poor qualities in anything
I tried a MM2 when I was looking for the Tony Levin sig. The neck was pretty poor and it sounded a million miles of from a stingray.

Keep in mind I was hoping for a cheap stingray, if you like the OLP for its sound go for it just remember to try other basses too (like the modified sqiuers mentioned above)
OLP 5 string necks are HUUUUUUUUUUUUGGE (just a warning)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
^They're smaller than Fender five string necks. Alot smaller. In fact, I think they have like 17mm spacing. Hardly huge. They're a bit thick, but not wide at all.
Thanks
██████████████████████████████
Quote by Bumper
^They're smaller than Fender five string necks. Alot smaller. In fact, I think they have like 17mm spacing. Hardly huge. They're a bit thick, but not wide at all.

Yeah, I've pissed about with an OLP 5'er, and they seemed better. The necks are much more robust in proportion than the 4 bangers seem to be.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
I was looking at a used Warwick Vampyre LTD 5'er for about $200. I went home to grab my wallet and came back and some jerk with an epic beard got it already..
Quote by Flea_Is_God
i think they have very bland tone and not much to offer in playability

I guess thats just what you get for not buying a real Stringray
I think the ting to remember here, is none of us are talking about the Tony Levin sig. how many of you have actually played the Tony Levin bass? I haven't. All of us are generalizing OLP, some of us with real experience, and I believe some are just basing their opinions off the fact that it's a less expensive copy of a famous bass. You guys have to remember, OLP basses are not Stingrays, they just look like them. They don't even have active electronics (however the Tony Levin does)! Of course it's not going to sound like a Stingray (what does?)...it's going to sound like an OLP. In my experience, my MM-3 was very thumpy, and had a nice percussive sound that I enjoyed a lot. The Tony Levin will be much, much more versatile (and more Stingray-ish) because of it's active eq.
^ He's right. I don't think Tony Levin would endorse a piece of crap just to get his name around.
Quote by Cody_Grey102
i recently bought an olp bass, and seems pretty sturdy, the electronics seem a bit dodgy however
Quote by Gibson_Rocker13
you are my new hero cause i do the exact same thing but i suck at it

#8 of the EHX USERS GUILD
Quote by SublimeGuitar
Orange Rocker 30. Best Marshall ever

epi firefly dsp 30, epi sg, big muff
olp five string, peavy max 158