Page 1 of 2
So...

Today at school, near the end of lunch hour I collapsed. My heart started pounding, I started hyperventilating, became short on breath, my eyesight faded in and out, and my entire body went numb. I was dizzy, so I had to be helped into the school by two friends, and another friend who had a spare said she'd stay with me. I got some water, and something healthy to eat, and tried getting back my breath. A few minutes later, I was completely pale (I have a natural tan, so it's not normal), my heart was still pounding, I was shaking, and I still could barely breathe, so we went to the office. I talked to the school nurse, which was difficult, because my talking was very slurred, and I was studdering a lot. She said it was likely a panic attack.

The school called my mom, and she came to pick me up; we went to the hospital afterwards. At the hospital, it was supposed to be a 3-4 hour wait, but I suppose whatever was going on with me was serious, so they got me in within an hour. By this time, the symptoms were starting to fade, but my talking was still slightly slurred. They ran some tests on me, checked my blood pressure, printed out a heart rate graph, and checked my blood sugar. Everything seemed to be within reason, except the graph. It was slightly irregular, and the doctor told me that it shows that I have a heart "condition" called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.
Quote by Wikipedia
The incidence of WPW syndrome is between 0.1 and 3% of the general population.

Quote by Wikipedia
While the vast majority of individuals with WPW syndrome remain asymptomatic throughout their entire lives, there is a risk of sudden death associated with the syndrome.

I have to book an appointment with a cardiologist, and they're going to run more tests on me. The doctor said there is a strong chance that I'm going to require a medical procedure (or surgery..although I don't believe that there is any cutting of flesh involved) called a catheter ablation. Catheter ablations do have risks...so..the thought of it really scares me.

Celebrities with WPW include Meat Loaf, who collapsed during a concert due to it, and Marilyn Manson.

Anyways..I just had to vent. If anyone took the time to read that, thanks.
Yellowknife, Northwest Territories
That really sucks, Hopefully everything turns out well.
Quote by soulflyV
Prepare to have every orifice in your body occupied by a dwarf.
Man...More power to you.

I guess the best thing you can do is live with it.

Look at Meat Loaf. He was awesome.

Make the best of the situation is all I can say.
Official Member of the Calos Mencia Hate Club.
Quote by BlueGatorade
your welcome

You're a dumbass

Sorry to ehar that, Lib. I hope everything works out well
you'll be fine. try not to worry your pretty little naturally tanned head about it.
if meatloaf and marilyn manson can make it as far as they have, you sure can.

smile buddy.
ferret.
yeah man, it takes a brave person to go through something like that. hang in there
Quote by clincher09
you win

Quote by Vornik
..Are you wearing a pokemon hat?

Quote by Schmietty
+1 for what looks like a Pokemon hat.
Sorry to hear it.
Quote by JDD331
A juggalo? Pokedex that ****.....what are they? like clowns...wannabes?

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
B-52 AT212
MXR-101 Phase 90
DeltaLab DD-1 Delay
isnt a catheder when they put a tube in your ........ yeaaaaaaaaa......
gear

Fender Standard Tele (with kill-switch)
PRS SE Custom
Fender Hot Rod Deville
Boss DD-3 Delay
Boss GE-7 Eq
Boss DS-1 distortion
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff
Boss CS-3 Compression
Digitech Whammy
Dunlop ZW-45 Zakk Wylde Signature wah
Quote by rage6945
isnt a catheder when they put a tube in your ........ yeaaaaaaaaa......

*shudders*
My best wishes
--"Hey, don't worry; don't be afraid, ever, because this is just a ride."--
Dude, you shall rock on, and whatever dosen't kill ya will make ya stronger. May your life be long, children many, and fans infanate!
My Gear:

Umm....

Please donate to Bighall's Gear fund!

Proud Defender of My Faith!
Member of Christan Guitarists!
Quote by Liberation
So...

Today at school, near the end of lunch hour I collapsed. My heart started pounding, I started hyperventilating, became short on breath, my eyesight faded in and out, and my entire body went numb. I was dizzy, so I had to be helped into the school by two friends, and another friend who had a spare said she'd stay with me. I got some water, and something healthy to eat, and tried getting back my breath. A few minutes later, I was completely pale (I have a natural tan, so it's not normal), my heart was still pounding, I was shaking, and I still could barely breathe, so we went to the office. I talked to the school nurse, which was difficult, because my talking was very slurred, and I was studdering a lot. She said it was likely a panic attack.

The school called my mom, and she came to pick me up; we went to the hospital afterwards. At the hospital, it was supposed to be a 3-4 hour wait, but I suppose whatever was going on with me was serious, so they got me in within an hour. By this time, the symptoms were starting to fade, but my talking was still slightly slurred. They ran some tests on me, checked my blood pressure, printed out a heart rate graph, and checked my blood sugar. Everything seemed to be within reason, except the graph. It was slightly irregular, and the doctor told me that it shows that I have a heart "condition" called Wolff-Parkinson-White syndrome.

I have to book an appointment with a cardiologist, and they're going to run more tests on me. The doctor said there is a strong chance that I'm going to require a medical procedure (or surgery..although I don't believe that there is any cutting of flesh involved) called a catheter ablation. Catheter ablations do have risks...so..the thought of it really scares me.

Celebrities with WPW include Meat Loaf, who collapsed during a concert due to it, and Marilyn Manson.

Anyways..I just had to vent. If anyone took the time to read that, thanks.

catheters are bigass needles the stick into your heart my mo had one in her when she had cancer.

im srry about ur condition also
Call me Trey.
Quote by BlueGatorade
your welcome

You're a ****ing asshat.

(To TS) I know how you feel man... I have something like that... just be strong and live life to the fullest

UG Private Poker Room

UG Poker Group
Join it

╔╗╔═╦╗
║╚╣║║╚╗
╚═╩═╩═╝
Dude, that really sucks. Hopefully no results come back from your cardiologist, but if they do, best of luck in surgery.
Is it a bad thing if one of your testicles is larger then the other two?
Quote by Liberation
Not according to this...http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Catheter_ablation

Thanks for the support, guys.

Good luck with this all bro

Cheers
Ticking away the moments that make up a dull day
You fritter and waste the hours in an offhand way
Kicking around on a piece of ground in your home town
Waiting for someone or something to show you the way
Sorry to hear it, man. I hope all goes well with the procedures, I'm sure you'll be strong enough to overcome this challenge and live with it. Enjoy life to the utmost extent. :cheers
My Profile

http://www.kerozenband.com

Co-Founding member of the Save the Funk club. PM jesusgonewrong or me to join.

Gear:
Ibanez SR506
Fender MIM Jazz Bass Deluxe Active
Yorkville XM200
Going to the doctor's instead of asking UG what to do FTW!!

Do hope you get better too.
Yes I am from Hawaii.

It's not really a great place to live..
..but fun if you're a tourist!
FoTB Duration: June 12, 2008 - July 12, 2008
It's good to be back guys.
Keep going strong mate. Hope it all goes well!

Best regards.
I know what you're thinking... You're thinkin' here comes old Gregg, he's a scaly man-fish...

Quote by civildp1
I can't drink tequila anymore. it makes me do terrible things. Terrible naked things.

That's too bad. I hope it works out okay. Anyways you should try to get a handicapped parking sticker
Quote by screamingfool34
people here are idiot.
Quote by Mr_H_MASTER
the only good wahs out there are Slashs, Zacks, and Dimebags.
Quote by evan1234567
im to tired and confused to comprehend what you said.
Dude, I hope everything goes well.

I once turned really green and could barely see or stand up during a basketball practice. Its not near close to what you went thru, but I can imagine how bad it was.

Keep on rocking.
That would be awesome! Don't think I could convince them though

It's funny..it hasn't really hit me, the reality of it all...I'm sure it'll hit tomorrow morning. The thought of sudden death kinda scares me...just imagine standing there with friends, laughing..but instead of simply collapsing...dying instantly.

You try not to think about it...but it's hard not to.
That really sucks Lib, I'm sorry to hear that.
I hope everything goes well with you and best of luck managing this condition, if you ever need to talk, I'll chat.
I know what it's like.

~Frussie

Michael Jackson - Forever loved
Quote by BlueGatorade
your welcome

He has what?

Im sorry to hear that man. I hope you feel and get better.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Sorry to hear about this, Trevor.

At least it's Asymptomatic, so there's no effect on your health. I know there's a chance of sudden death from this as well, but it's so low that you should try to keep your mind off of it as best as you can. Anyways, I hope everything works out as best as possible for you with this.
My friend's mom was recently diagnosed with that.
Quote by dudetheman
So what? I wasted like 5 minutes watching DaddyTwoFoot's avatar.

Metalheads are the worst thing that ever happened to metal.
i say Of
you say A
i say Revolution
and you say jah

In loving memory of that damn game of poker

Private first class of the bass militia, PM Nutter_101 to join!
Quote by Chimaira
Sorry to hear about this, Trevor.

At least it's Asymptomatic, so there's no effect on your health. I know there's a chance of sudden death from this as well, but it's so low that you should try to keep your mind off of it as best as you can. Anyways, I hope everything works out as best as possible for you with this.

The problem is, Nick, that I'm in the very tiny percentage that actually gets symptoms

I've got my friends to help me through it though So at least I know if it were to happen, I'd go out happy.
Page 1 of 2