im lookin to buy a Schecter Damien-4 and a Behringer ultrabass amp.

any thoughts except downright retarded ones would be much appreciated
Myspace.com/_dylan__

Orginally posted by Master

Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
Steer away from the Behringer, and if you're going for a Schecter, get one of the Stilettos
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
what amps would u reccomend then? o and i play stuff like nirvana, simple rhcp, foo fighters, stuff like that not funk so please nobody reccomend a funk bass
Myspace.com/_dylan__

Yep. It was my birthday and I was wanking in my room and all of a sudden my whole family came jumping in yelling "SURPRISE!!" I guess they were the ones who ended up being surprised.
ya behringer = a big no no. my uncle carl has one and i do not like it very much at all
I shot JR

Oh Canada Our Home and Native Land
well looks like u guys just saved me from wasting 600 bucks

thx but any specific reccomendations? swr amp?
Myspace.com/_dylan__

o and one more thing my total bill should be around 600$ maybe 50 bucks more but i cant go any higher than that
Myspace.com/_dylan__

Peavey is always a good amp choice, or maybe something like Fender. Don't get a modeling amp (Behringer).
As for a good, cheap bass, Squier, Fender and Ibanez are all companies that make well rounded basses. It depends on how serious you are. If you are really serious, don't get a Squier. They aren't bad, but they aren't top-of-the-line.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Myspace.com/_dylan__

well the fender bassman 150 is like 400 something and works really well and i'd suggest either an ibanez or a good old fender/squire
I shot JR

I'm not sure how much that Schector is, I want to say around $450?

You can several 115 100 watt combos for $250 or $300. I've been using an Ibanez Soundwave Combo since around February, and it's pretty solid. Just go onto musiciansfriend, look at all the combos and find one for your budget
but Ts a good rule of thumb is your amp should cost as much or more than your bass for example my g-k rig and my warwick cost me the same amount. i say get a really good amp and a mediocre bass then when you can get the money sell the bass to get a better one
I shot JR

Quote by watchingmefall
IME. Behringers blow... I mean the actually do... But I mean like with smoke and stuff.

they are a fire hazard
I shot JR

HEY!
I own a Behringer BXL1800A and am VERY PROUD OF IT!
It does its job and is doing great so stfu.
Unless you have some funny videos of behringers blowing up.

Seriously, try an amp after you buy the bass to see how it sounds, if youre satisfied, get it.
Quote by dwillwin

i suggest you that ibanez bass
it has a really cool sound for a good price
i know because i have one
My Gear

Squier VM p-bass(i chosed it over a fender!!!) with quarter pounder and gotoh 201!!
fender MIM P bass
epiphone SG 400
Quote by Drmckool
they are a fire hazard

i played mine for ten minutes and it actually caught on fire. no joke.
i thought i had magic fingers once, and had uncovered the fountain of love.

turns out my girlfriend was just peeing on me.
I've played through behringer BX600 adn a fender, but i like the behringer better. It has a decent tone, and the tone can be changed easily. Behringer's arent as bad as everyone says. Plus they're cheap.
my help thread's been takin over by fire hazzard rumors

any thoughts on that ashdown amp i posted a link to??
Myspace.com/_dylan__

I know nothing about amps, but judging by other threads, I've heard nothing but good about Ashdown amps.
Quote by dwillwin
what amps would u reccomend then? o and i play stuff like nirvana, simple rhcp, foo fighters, stuff like that not funk so please nobody reccomend a funk bass

Ashdown makes great amps, especially for the genre. I have a MAG300 and a 1x15 speaker and I'll say its a great amp for the genres you listed.

Oh, and Schecter Stilletos are great basses as well. Check out this thread for more info:
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=662011&highlight=schecter+stilleto