I'm not really a fan of the Recto series, they're nice sounding, but not what I'd expect from something so expensive. However, I recently got an offer to trade my 5150 + $300 or so (hopefully I can talk him down to about $200) for a 1992 Black Steel Diamond Plate model Dual Rectifier + original footswitch. I know a lot of people say these are a lot better sounding than the rectos we know today, so what exactly is the difference?

Just asking before-hand before I go try it, so I know what to expect, look for, etc.
Quote by Dave_Mc
I've had tube amps for a while now, but never actually had any go down on me
Quote by jj1565
maybe you're not saying the right things? an amp likes to know you care.

www.SanctityStudios.com
Is it also the Combo? And what music do you play?
My Gear:
Gibson SG special (W/ S.D. Jazz(N) & JB (B))
Mesa-Boogie Solo Triple Rec. (with EL-34's)
Boss DD-6 Digital Delay
Boss TU-2 Chromatic tuner
(what else do i need)

Where i work:
www.beanstalkmusic.com
It's the head. I play hardcore/death metal mostly, but I like to play some blues and classic rock stuff as well.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump, anyone???
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
The original 2 Channel rectifiers (the earlier they are the more this applies) stick much more to the title "Solo Head"....they are much more refined and smoother. It is tighter and can get a much more liquid feel than the new rectos.

The only thing you want to consider is its age.....at 15 years old, if may need some tech work (cap jobs, etc.)....maybe be worth it, but may end up costing you more with time.
Quote by ibanez4life SZ!
The original 2 Channel rectifiers (the earlier they are the more this applies) stick much more to the title "Solo Head"....they are much more refined and smoother. It is tighter and can get a much more liquid feel than the new rectos.

The only thing you want to consider is its age.....at 15 years old, if may need some tech work (cap jobs, etc.)....maybe be worth it, but may end up costing you more with time.

That pretty much sounds exactly like what I want and is the opposite of what I didn't like in the Dual Recto I played at Guitar Center. It wasn't as defined as I would've liked it to be and sounded a bit muddy at times.

If it did need this work, how much does something like that usually cost? Thanks for the heads up though, I would've never thought of that, anything else I should look into when I speak to him next?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump again.

Sorry, but I really need more info on this amp and stuff, I might go try it tomorrow or maybe Monday.
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
bump, no one knows about these?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Bump, yet again

C'mon, someone else has had to play one of these before and can give me a little more info on it...
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com
Try the harmony central forums, there are bound to be a few owners of one on there.
I honestly don't know where to post on Harmony Central for that kind of stuff, no one actually talks about amps on their amp forum, I don't get it.

And I had to bump it, no one was saying anything and no one is going to look at it on the second page or even further back. At least I didn't bump it within a few minutes, I waited a few hours.

No one even knows how much the stuff ibanez4life said would normally cost?
Quote by Dave_Mc
Quote by jj1565

www.SanctityStudios.com