I was wondering:
im gonna buy a new guitar soon but I'm not sure wich one, I only play for about a year and I want a descent guitar to do some small gigs with some friends (nothing professional, just fun) and I came across an ibanez RG350DX with hardcase (2nd hand) for 250 € so my questions are:
1) is it worth it?
2) ill go there to test it so are there any known flaws that I should look out for?
3) I normally love death metal but I allways end up writing and playing alternative rock
the band ill be joining will play alternative rock so is it any good for it?
4) the neck seems to be pretty loved in the reviews I read, I have a ibanez gio gax30 I love the way it plays and I love the neck... even tough its my first guitar. Ive compared it with some other guitars and its like so much better to handle (or is that just me ???)
5) electronics: are they any good on the rg350dx or should I buy upgrades for them???

My pricerange goes way higher then 250€ so what should I do, go for this one or buy a 900 € guitar and never buy another one again. The only thing im afraid of... if I buy an expensive one and I dont like it after a while the money is wasted

id like to hear some opinions.
thx on advance
well, if you really like the RG go for it
i personally would go for something a little more expensive if your budget alows, but it's all opinion/preference
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
Quote by numinis
I was wondering:
im gonna buy a new guitar soon but I'm not sure wich one, I only play for about a year and I want a descent guitar to do some small gigs with some friends (nothing professional, just fun) and I came across an ibanez RG350DX with hardcase (2nd hand) for 250 € so my questions are:
1) is it worth it?
2) ill go there to test it so are there any known flaws that I should look out for?
3) I normally love death metal but I allways end up writing and playing alternative rock
the band ill be joining will play alternative rock so is it any good for it?
4) the neck seems to be pretty loved in the reviews I read, I have a ibanez gio gax30 I love the way it plays and I love the neck... even tough its my first guitar. Ive compared it with some other guitars and its like so much better to handle (or is that just me ???)
5) electronics: are they any good on the rg350dx or should I buy upgrades for them???

My pricerange goes way higher then 250€ so what should I do, go for this one or buy a 900 € guitar and never buy another one again. The only thing im afraid of... if I buy an expensive one and I dont like it after a while the money is wasted

id like to hear some opinions.
thx on advance
I have this guitar so I will answer your questions.

1. I payed the equiv. of 298€ Brand new. So its not too bad.
2. Make sure theres no cracks in the neck and make sure the trem works.
3. It can play Metal Really good and Alternative should be fine
4. The Wizard 2 is my favorite neck as well. The Orig Wizard was a little too thin.
5. Swap the Pickups, Dimarzio Breeds would work GREAT.
Last edited by FRDesign at Sep 1, 2007,
Quote by dsubstanceuk
The pickups might be worth upgrading in the near future, as will the tremolo. If you like it, go for it.
Can you post pics of your guitar, Ive seen you post before and I wanna see the maple fretboard in person.
oh yeah: the 250 € thats the guitar only 4 weeks old and not used because the guy plays bass and got the guitar as a present and it includes a hardcase (ibanez)
i have one RG350DX and i think its a good deal for the price