if im not mistaken then thats mahogany.. im not sure 100% about that thoe

umm they use normal paint then they give it layers of clear coat.. i think
looks like maple to me, but i cant be sure either.

that guitar looks awesome, btw.
Last edited by Guitar_Poet at Sep 1, 2007,
i don't know wat kinda wood, but it's really nice
Gear:
Jackson DKMG Dinky (EMG 81/85)
Ibanez GIO (i put a Dimbucker in the bridge)
Crate GT65 (65 watts) to be upgraded soon, suggestions welcome (must be tubed)
Floor Pod (for sale)
well, isn´t it a little to bright for being mahogny? or can u make mahogny that nice and bright look? thx for all response btw, u are really helping me out
im sure u can make mahogany bright liek that, plus u never know what the finish does to the color

But it could be anything really.. a model would be nice
if i'm not mistaken, the body wood looks like walnut
OMG!!! They're playing One!!!!!11fade to black11one11

God & Founder of UG Electronics

Electronics God of the Laney Cult

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
do u usally build a body in walnut? is it good sound in that type of wood?
it is supposed to sound good, but i would recommend against it because it would weight a tonne.
yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
thx for all answeres, even if the most is different =), it would be nice if someone was 100% sure of what type of wood it is
Quote by XibanezedgeX
Its two pieces, the right side looks like walnut and the left like swamp ash or maple to me...
I doubt I'm right though...
And walnut isn't that bad, its weighs nothing compared to purpleheart and some other exotic woods.

I dont think its two pieces of wood, it flows together to nicely to be two pieces.
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
I dont either think it´s to different pieces... It´s dark on both sides, a little bit over the line from where it was glued
Yeah, definitely two pieces, and the left isn't maple, it doesn't have dark streaks like that. It's also too open grained.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
well, yeah its pretty DAMN sexy. One of the best looking guitars I´ve ever seen!!! maybe the best looking!! And yeah, it´s two pieces and I think they are the same kind of wood but what kind of wood I still dont know... Some sais mahogny but I´m not sure about that cause mahogny is much darker. I wanted to know what kind of wood it is cause I wanna build a guitar with that nice wood look =), its soo damn sexy I can´t get it out of my head, not even when I sleep, I dream about that guitar too
well at least we can all agree that its sexy
Quote by asfastasdark
+1. This man knows his ****.

Walker Rose.
Plz type ur msg on the second page and look on that page. many people forget about it
Last edited by Mithor at Sep 2, 2007,
Red gum looks a LOT like that but I've never used it as a tonewood, just for cutting boards and such.
Quote by corduroyEW
Cheap amps are "that bad". They suck up your tone like cocaine at Kate Moss' party.

I am Michael!
but back to the question... Does any one know what kind of wood it is?
updating , I do this to make the thread update so more people can help me
where did you find that?
heavy support of A7X army pm Copius
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
I found it on Espguitars.com under custom made guitars, that still doesn´t help me and I still need the help... what kind of wood is it?
mahogany.. do the project thing and it only gives you so many choices and thats the most obvious.
Quote by spl3001
I think we can all really agree that nothing is more metal than playing a Telecaster....On fire.

Quote by GiantRaven
The rest of the album is brilliant but that one song just really gets right on my tits for some reason
Quote by SchecterFreak
mahogany.. do the project thing and it only gives you so many choices and thats the most obvious.

Is it mahogny really? I thought it was much more darker than that guitar, but is there a way to make it such bright?
that i do not know i know it s mahogany though
Quote by spl3001

Quote by GiantRaven
Quote by SchecterFreak

If you are talking about the custom shop feature they have another choice is Other, so it doesn't mean its mahogany. Wheres Cord, he knows his woods!
Quote by XibanezedgeX
If you are talking about the custom shop feature they have another choice is Other, so it doesn't mean its mahogany. Wheres Cord, he knows his woods!

Wheres Cord? Who is that?
Is it mahogny really? or is it ash or maple? or another kind of wood? Plz help fast
i'm pretty sure it's walnut as mentioned before, it's not straight grained enough to be mahogany

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX
Quote by XibanezedgeX
Its two pieces, the right side looks like walnut and the left like swamp ash or maple to me...
I doubt I'm right though...
And walnut isn't that bad, its weighs nothing compared to purpleheart and some other exotic woods.

yeah, my bad, i neglected to look at the other side, i just saw the pickguard and the other side and though walnut, the top looks like swamp ash to me...

My Gear:

Ibanez RG370DX
Laney VC30-212
Dunlop Crybaby
Boss CS-3
Ibanez TS9DX