Ok, this one has been asked tons of times.

What strings?

1 I play about everything, mostly pop punk, punk, alt rock. My current strings http://www.musiciansfriend.com/product/Fender-7250ML-Super-Bass-Medium-Light-Strings?sku=101291 (came on my bass) they now have a sticky feel to them and are sorta clanky but I like the sound. I often tune to drop d so I want something nice for that, if it makes a difference? It doesn't matter if the strings are rough on fingers, I rather have a nice callus.

2 Ernie Ball Wonder Wipes
Has anybody used them? Im looking at the string and fretboard cleaner wipes, they would be handy but I want to know if they actually work well and wont hurt my bass.

3. New pups.
Eventually im going to replace the pickups on my bass, playing with my fingers now the hum is more annoying than ever (didn't notice it as much playing with a pick). My squier came with the duncan designed pickups, they sound nice but the hum drives me crazy. I want some that will be noticeably better.

musiciansfriend links please

Thanks to whoever posted tunemybass.com because before reading around the site I wasn't sure if I could put the strings on myself but now I am .

Thanks for taking the time to read this and help me out. Sorry for any typos, im tired lol
Quote by Demonikk
+1
I live by the method: 3 or less orange warning labels, and it's safe as a kitten

Quote by Charlatan_001
EDIT: Sammcl pretty much got it dead on.
Guess I should've mentioned that, I have a squier vintage modified p bass.
p basses shouldn't hum you've got a grounding issue
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.