Permission i have
the hurt within blessing for
haiku competion

yes ladies and gentlemen we have a haiku competion brewing here.
Now this is simple i'm going to ask for people to sign up in this thread also for judges to sign up here as well.

I'll edit this post periodically to update the list of competators and judges, people will have the chance to enter for a week and the competing thread will be posted a day after entries close.

So good luck everyone.

Entrants
Draken
Phantom 1
Woo!Yay!
YourMessiah666
abhishek21
TrigFunction
Gurgle!Argh!
JonnyTic
Snowblind 911
MorganBAss
Dr.Jimmy
that soccer kid
Retribution
screamsoftly
Dinkydaisy.

Judges
The Hurt Within
Carmel_l
Jammydude44
Confusius
Twist of fate
NOTE: No-one else may now ask to be a judge entrants may only apply. Judge applications may be re-opened if i believe the number of entrants warrants it.
Last edited by Draken at Sep 8, 2007,
Also the competion will be in three rounds
Love
Death
Nature

each entrant will be required to write a piece on each of these topics.
Each topic will be judged seperately but an overall winner will also be announced.
We've never used judges for S+L comps before, it's always been public polls. Did you check that with Steve (THW)?
Quote by filthandfury
Posted a haiku
Feedback on UG just said
Try icy hot lol

you're not allow to enter.
Quote by Draken
Permission i have
the hurt within blessing for
haiku competion

Yeah it's worth giving it a go.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.

Wow. Only 1 has entered in this comp. 1 has already been banned from entering this. And everyone wants to be a judge .
Hi
Last edited by abhishek21 at Sep 1, 2007,
Draken
Phantom 1
Woo!Yay!

Those are the entrants at the moment. Added you and your messiah makes 5. I like being judge. And so far more entrants than judges. So what I say to you Andy is:

You have an interesting interpretation of everyone.

[/imitating Resi]
Quote by confusius
Draken
Phantom 1
Woo!Yay!

Those are the entrants at the moment. Added you and your messiah makes 5. I like being judge. And so far more entrants than judges. So what I say to you Andy is:

You have an interesting interpretation of everyone.

[/imitating Resi]

He edited his post.

I would have entered this comp . But i don't know what haiku is . Moreover , it sounds so funny that i don't want to know what it is.
Hi
It's just a stanza with syllable count of 5/7/5. Originated in Japan they generally treated on concepts like beauty or nature but now are much more extended...I think.
Quote by confusius
It's just a stanza with syllable count of 5/7/5. Originated in Japan they generally treated on concepts like beauty or nature but now are much more extended...I think.

Thnx for sharing informatiopn but if we kept chatting in this thread steve will gift both of us a warning . So no more chatting in this thread .
Hi
Nah, Steve is cool with it I'm sure. He has always said light spam is allowed in the competition forum, besides so far we actually haven't spammed. Anyway. *leaves thread*
Quote by confusius
Nah, Steve is cool with it I'm sure. He has always said light spam is allowed in the competition forum, besides so far we actually haven't spammed. Anyway. *leaves thread*

Oh yeah spam away in here. To an extent. This is comps, it's supposed to be fun.
Filth, pure filth... That's what you are.
too late to enter? if not, I'd like a shot... never written a haiku before though.
O! music: Click (Youtube)

^ Click to see an acoustic arrangement of Ke$ha's 'Your Love is my Drug' - everyone's favourite song.
sure i'm letting people enter for a week then the comp will start.
im in.

You can never fucking trust Canada when Canada decides to report on world news that doesn't concern Canada. Canada is only in it for Canada's sake. Canada doesn't even know Batman.

Fuck Canada
Quote by Retribution
In.

When did this forum switch to being JUDGED!? I miss polls. I guess I'll have to sleep with the judges now, instead of getting my friends to vote on the polls (I'm kidding, about both.)

i asked THW and he was happy to let me have it judged
Quote by confusius

Read.

http://www.shadowpoetry.com/resources/haiku/haiku.html
Aww... I love haikus.
Drop another coin in the slot, and I will tell you more...