Hi
My guitar (ibanez grg170dx) has a floating tremolo system, but after i changed strings to a lighter gauge, the bridge is no longer floating. I looked it up on the internet it said i needed to loosen the spring tension by loosening the screws connecting the springs to the back of my guitar. I tried, but the screws won't budge. Am I doing it right, or is there something else I need to do. All replies will be apreciated. Thanks.
There are two screws in your spring cavity that hold the claw that the springs attach to.
Are you sure your turning these springs the right way? Are they pushed very close to the back? or are they too far forward?

If they are very far forward and its still pulling the trem down, remove a spring.
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Kramer Striker FR-2027SM 7 String
BC Rich Afterburner Warlock
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by DagMX
There are two screws in your spring cavity that hold the claw that the springs attach to.
Are you sure your turning these springs the right way? Are they pushed very close to the back? or are they too far forward?

If they are very far forward and its still pulling the trem down, remove a spring.

They are maybe about 1-3 turns out.

How do I remove springs? They're hard to stretch.
there is a bit of the screw that actually doesn't go into the wood. Make sure your not thinking that this is supposed to go in. I made the same mistake.

Otherwise theres a small part of the spring that goes into a knotch in the tremolo. Pull up on the tremolo bar, be careful and use a needle-nose plier to pull out the spring(easisest way).
I've developed a complex where everytime I hear a Lamb of God song, I burst out laughing

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
Quote by _me_
Yeah, but i cant pull the whamy bar up at all

then just keep your eyes away and use the pliers to pull one out...

My 7 String V build
My Main Guitars:
Washburn Xb100 Bass
My Effect(s)/Misc:
Digitech RP350
detune the guitar first, loosen the screws a little if u have to, and use a tool, like said.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011