Hi there, i'm looking to get a new guitar in the near future which will replace my Stagg Les Paul copy (don't laugh too much). I have a budget of around £300 and I play a lot of punk rock, sometimes drifting into other genres such as hardcore, metalcore etc. At the moment i'm looking at the Gibson Melody Maker here but I understand that there may be something else that will be better for the money. Any suggestions? Thanks.
what about a fender standard fat strat? i don't know exactly what they go for these days, but shop around and you should get one within your budget. If you can't then do consider a used one. You could get a mint condition one (ie as new) for cheap and it still be as good as a new one, but less money
Quote by Freddy_Walker
stevo 192 lol mate u a beast! Such a rebel!!!

'90 Fender P-bass lyte
Squier P bass special
Trace Elliot Series 6 head and cabs
Fender American Stratocaster
Vintage Teisco electric guitar
Fender princeton 650 dsp amp
stay clear of gibson, its liek 3000 for a half decent one, go on ebay and look for orvilles, edwards, burnys or grecos, there are great guitars in the les paul shape and pretty damned cheap, most of the edwards come stock with seymour duncans and orvilles are literelly japanese gibsons
well if you like punk so much get an epiphone les paul standart i can tell you: it's much better than gibson melody maker and cheaper.
鋼の錬金術師
I use a Vintage V100 Les Paul if you're looking for an LP. It's as good as the Epiphone Standard but a lot cheaper. Some more information on the kind of guitar you want would be useful.
When altitude dropping, my ears started popping. One more red nightmare...
Washburn X50 pro

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Damn nice guitar for the price.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Don't get ANY Gibson - shop around and see what you like the feel of and make sure it has more than one pup! Bridge is enough ( in my opinion ) but it's always good to have a spare to play about with if you ever need it.
i'm not to sure of that washburn, i've never played one and the the other people probabily haven't played one. look into it. i was going to get one a while back, but almost everyone that had, that i could find on the internet hated it, they said it was built cheaply, didn't stay intune and a few had broken. so i'd research more and try to play one at the local guitar store, then if it's a good one buy it from the store.

yoyoyuyo

Guitars.........................Amp.................Pedals (getting new)
Ibanez S470................Laney VC15.....Boss DS-1 (it's bad)
PRS SE Soapbar II
Ibanez aw15 acoustic
Quote by stephen_rettie
stay clear of gibson, its liek 3000 for a half decent one, go on ebay and look for orvilles, edwards, burnys or grecos, there are great guitars in the les paul shape and pretty damned cheap, most of the edwards come stock with seymour duncans and orvilles are literelly japanese gibsons

dude, melody makers are like, 350$
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
Quote by sgtpeppers
i'm not to sure of that washburn, i've never played one and the the other people probabily haven't played one. look into it. i was going to get one a while back, but almost everyone that had, that i could find on the internet hated it, they said it was built cheaply, didn't stay intune and a few had broken. so i'd research more and try to play one at the local guitar store, then if it's a good one buy it from the store.

Washburns are so under-rated! You need to try them yourself and at £299 Inc. VAT that steven seagull posted above, those are even slightly better than SamAsh's $659 - http://www.samash.com/catalog/showitem.asp?itemid=47036&sourcetype=singleitemsearch

you might be able to pick up a second hand gordon smith les paul jr for a little over £300 n they're just as good as any gibson but a quarter of the price