what does learning to play with my hand unanchoired actually achieve, i usually play with my little finger anchored is this a bad habit?
I don't think its that bad if you're playing slow, beginner stuff. I still do it if I'm playing quite slow stuff.
Hey Meg.
Proud of you.
There are a lot of threads discussing it to death. I suggest to use the search tool.

Anyway, i play anchored most of the time but from what i've read, unanchored give you more freedom to move your wrist/arm, hence play much fluid and faster.
Besides being a guitar player, I'm a big fan of the guitar. I love that damn instrument. Steve Vai

Gear:
Kramer Striker FR422SM
Roland Microcube
Digitech Bad Monkey
Dunlop Tortex 1.14mm picks

MY VIDEOS
unanchored
great for strumming chords single notes and such

anchored
faster single string playing

each has its uses learn em both
Quote by metul kult
You know when Attack Attack is ripping off your music, you're onto something

twitter: @victorstaygold
I would play with it unachored. Doing some riffs without that finger would be quite difficult, like trying penatonics. But i guess playing wit it anchored has its uses as well.
I would only anchor for single string tremolo picking
Legra
RMC Wizard Wah
Blackstar DistX
Modded SD1
Phase 90
ZVex Fuzz Factory
WH4
Laney VC30 112
Roland MicroCube
YouTube!
Irishman of the Laney Cult
unanchored = more speed....sometimes I anchor if I have to downpick as fast as I can on pm-chords for example....but thats about it....I usually rest my palm on the bridge and press it against it
[img]http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/3760/356h356h365pc1.png[/img]
Die Ruhe vor dem Sturm.
There is no difference for me if I anchor or not. But when I notice I am anchoring, I try not to, and it messes up my playing ha
Words to live by: Haters gonna' hate.
it's not a bad habit, you need to learn different picking techniques and find the best for each situation, anchoring is good for tremolo picking but it's a bad idea while doing palm mute