I already have a yamaha pacifica 112 which i have changed the stock humbucker to an SD invader. They are both in the same price range, the epi is a bit more expensive but would it be better than the yamaha. I havn't tried it in an amp but i like the action and the neck. Would the sound be like the yamaha? Is this guitar durable, or will stuff be breaking off like the pacifica? Basically how would they be compared to each other?

Any help on this epi would be awsome thanks.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
I already have a yamaha pacifica 112 which i have changed the stock humbucker to an SD invader. They are both in the same price range, the epi is a bit more expensive but would it be better than the yamaha. I havn't tried it in an amp but i like the action and the neck. Would the sound be like the yamaha? Is this guitar durable, or will stuff be breaking off like the pacifica? Basically how would they be compared to each other?

Any help on this epi would be awsome thanks.

I've heard a couple of good things and a couple bad about the g-400, I'm not sure if I've played it, but there are plenty of epis a little more expensive, that are great. A studio, maybe?
Off-topic, hows the invader in your pacifica?
I think that the G-400 would be great. I like Epi's, and the only thing i would do differently on this one would be to change the pickguard to look like a Gibson SG.
Nahh..

Tony Iommi Epi Signature FTW.
Our hearts are with Nick Grundy.
Quote by Ez0ph
I think AvengedThrice is pretty cool guy, eh raeps kittens to death and doesn't afraid of anything.

He knows me well..
i had a g-400 for a while, lemme tell you -

worst purchase i ever made.

the problem is the neck outways the body. this means when you play it standing with a strap, it immediately tries to fall down, headstock first into the ground. not only was it very awkward trying to play it and hold the neck up, i wasnt too keen on the neck pick-up, its much too muddy.

DON'T MAKE ME DESTROY YOU!

TURN OFF YOUR MIND RELAX AND FLOAT DOWNSTREAM

Quote by Scumbag1792
My God, this must be the smartest/greatest guy ever.
Quote by AvengedThrice
Nahh..

Tony Iommi Epi Signature FTW.

thats a bad a** guitar right there

but the G-400 is awesome as well, especially for the price
The G400 is a little more neck heavy than its brother the Gibson SG. Still not that bad (I'm used to a little neck pull) with a decent strap. This may vary between two of the same model, as Epi is a little less uniform than Gibson. The neck seemed to be a little thicker than my Standard but played fairly well. The pickups are not bad but as said they get a little muddy. Could be partly the fault of the wood, as different cuts of mahogany have slightly different character. Overall I was favorably impressed. I think it is worth the price which is more than I can say about a few of the other Epis. If you don't buy it thinking its a Gibson I don't think you will be dissappointed. Try several as they are not uniform in quality and playability.
uldhppi says hes used to "a little neck pull."

my g400 is closer to "a little neck slip fall 'wheee im falling!' crash bang"

Quote by Scumbag1792
my epi g400 is great...there are always bad and good with every guitar
Quote by -xCaMRocKx-
uldhppi says hes used to "a little neck pull."

my g400 is closer to "a little neck slip fall 'wheee im falling!' crash bang"

Get a better strap, or simply l2 hold your guitar
Quote by JilaX^
Get a better strap, or simply l2 hold your guitar

ive tried dozens of straps, no difference. doesnt matter anymore anyway, ive gotten rid of the stupid thing.

Quote by Scumbag1792
G-400 > Pacifica. I'm putting EMGs in mine though, the stock pick-ups aren't bad, but eventually you might wanna upgrade.
No gods, no countries, no masters.
More guitar, less Ultimate-Guitar.
Be Serious.
Shorties represent!
Ibanez SZ520/Ibanez ORM-1/Ibanez RG7321/Pocket POD/Crate GX/Boss HM-2
the G-400 is a great guitar, litrally a gibson with worse pickups and little neck heavy. You get over it quickly though and with a good leather strap it will make it fall slower but it will still fall.

The wood is moahogany which is the same as gibson uses, grover tuners which stay intune perfectly (for me anyway) and the pickups are great as well.
Quote by roythereaper
Nice bum >.> <.<