So here's the thing. I'm in love with the sound of the Mesa Boogie lonestar, especially here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f27P6_DB1vw The problem is I can't afford that amp. So the million dollar question is: Which cheaper line amp is closest to the heavenly sound of lonestars? I'm talking about amps that I could get for around 550$ second hand or new... I know there are a lot people who would like to know the answer, too. So someone please reply.
i dont think you can get a good sound of cheap, its like trying to play slash on a marshall MG. maybe you should buy it used
GRUPO EN ESPAÑOL

SI BUSCAS BANDA EN LATINOAMERICA O ESPAÑA, ENTRA AQUI
I wrote that buying the amp used (second hand) is also one option. So know problems buying the amp used.
Quote by Guitarboy_89
I wrote that buying the amp used (second hand) is also one option. So know problems buying the amp used.

Find one used then; problem solved.
Sorry. I meant that buying amps used isn't a problem. I don't have to buy them new. I can't afford a Lonestar even if it's used because my budget is around 550$. I try to put it this way. Which amp has the sound closest to Lonestars (in the clip) but costs only around 550$ used or new?
I'll try and actually be helpful.

They have a chimey clean, which I would say look around at some fender amps. Fender Twin Reverb, Deluxe reverb, blues deluxe. I haven't tried it, but maybe a peavey classic 30? You will probably need an OD to get it up to the lonestar though....
Guitar:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Amplifier:
Fender Blues Junior - Eminence Red, White and Blues
Effects:
Fulltone OCD
Electro-Harmonix Nano Small Stone
Ibanez DE-7 Delay/Echo
Dunlop Crybaby
Electro-Harmonix Big Muff Pi
lonestar, i.e. the 100 watt version? or the classic?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
hmm.. I guess it's the 100watts version (head anyway). Check the link in my first post and you'll hear what sound I'm looking for. Andy Timmons also has a tone close to the one I'm looking for and he also plays a Lonestar. I guess Andy and Marco(in the link) are playing with the same amp. Sorry for my english it isn't my native language..
just keep saving your money, youll never really be satisfied unless you actually get it. Trust me it will be worth it when you finally get your hands on it, thats what I'm doin, and I'm still 700$ away from buyin it new.
Mesa Lonestar Special
Traynor YCV40WR
Ibanez -Artcore AS103BM
Fender American Deluxe Strat
Analog Man ARDX20 Dual Delay
Red Witch Empress Chorus
Big Muff Pi
Boss BD-2
MXR '76 RI Dynacomp
Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah
Jetter Jetdrive
EHX POG
your english is perfect.

i don't think you necessarily need a mesa for that type of tone. If anything, that's quite an "unmesa" tone, the lonestar is one of their few amps which would do that (mark series might too, though i haven't tried them).

If I were after a tone like that, I'd probably get a cornford before I got a mesa. Downside is, that's liable to be as expensive as the lonestar.

Laney tt, perhaps? that'd be a bit cheaper.

I guess, how much money are you willing to spend?
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Well some 550-600€. About the same in dollars. I'll buy the mesa when I have the money (after 10 years ). Laney tt would be hard to find but how about LC and VC, are they any good for what I'm looking for? I'm playing mostly in home so I don't need too many watts. Any suggestions for a combo that has same kind of creamy leads as in the clip in the first post?
that is quite a warm tone... i'd consider the vc30, perhaps. it may not have enough gain for you, and it's probably not as refined as that lone star tone, but it'd do it at a pinch, i guess. I was actually going to consider it at the beginning, but then you said it was the 100 watt lone star you were after, which is a little more american in tone.

yeah, vc15/30 would be worth trying, at very least.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Have you ever tried Mesas studio .22+? It's kind of cheap but does it sound like that too?
never tried it, sorry.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay. Well thanks so far. I guess I'll just have to try as many amp as possible and find my sound that way... Or maybe I'll win in the lottery and buy that Lonestar or Hellcat or something else. If someone finds an amp that has a great creamy tone for affordable price let me know..
^not like any of the cornfords is cheap, but the hellcat is certainly one of the more expensive ones. the hurricane will do it for half the price (though that's still pretty expensive). and if you only need it for home playing, the harlequin might be worth a look (though i haven't tried that one).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
you could pick up a MkIII for around 700euro now and again! I think its mkIII anyway! Look on the german ebay! Loads there!

the leads in that seem to be similar to a Jcm 800. Really liquid sounding yet not overly hi gain!
yeah, certainly one of the mark series goes for a lot less than the others (so i've heard). I haven't tried them though. but would be worth investigating.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds a lot like a marshall to me. I'd try to find a JCM800 and somewhere to crank it if you just want the drive tones of the lonestar, or a decent compromise might be a fender deluxe reverb and a Fulltone OCD.

I know the OCD sounds a lot like that with the drive at halfway, and a deluxe reverb has fantastic cleans, so it might be the perfect compromise.
Fender MIM Stratocaster
Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer
Fulltone OCD
Dallas-Arbiter Wah Baby
Home-Built Germanium Fuzz Face
MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
2 Fender Blues Juniors
I'll have to check those Marshalls out. And yes I'm after those Lonestars lead sounds not the cleans. I'll also check the Harlequin and the Mark series when I have the change; might be hard to find though. If I get it right it's hard to get a good sound from a small amp? Does the amp need some "mass" to sound good? Amp with good cleans+ODC pedal might concider that too... but at this point i think a combo would be best for me.
i'd say it's probably easier to get a good sound from a small amp, at least under most shop conditions, because it's easier to hit the sweet spot.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sounds like your typical American-Voiced lead sound to me. Smooth and fluid for single line notes, and gets a little hair on it when you bang out those chords(Ala Santana.) I recommend a Carvin Legacy.
Legacy with 100 watts is too much for me... I don't need more than 40watts tops. I only play at home so I don't need too much power. A nice small combo would be best.