My USB memory stick has failed. The little light that usually appears on the stick, now doesnt work, and when plugged into the computer, it is not recognised so i cant access the files.
The computer only reccomends that i get a new memory stick, which isnt useful right now because i need the files for my coursework, and cant get the files again untill i go back to school.
Yes i should have backed it up.
I thought USB sticks were indestructable. Does anybody have any SENSIBLE ideas of how i can get the files again without formatting the disk?

Thanks for any help.
Try different ports and a different computer.

You could just have a fried USB port.

Gear:
Rickenbacker 620
Vox Valvetronix AD60VTX
Snarling Dog Whino Wah
Not Enough cables
I can't relate to the never ending games you play.
are you using windows?

maybe it deleted the drivers for the stick, cause, you know, its retarded like that.
My Gear:
Gibson Faded Flying V
"Dante's Inferno" Iceman
Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 112
etc.

Quote by freedoms_stain
I can't imagine anything worse than shagging to Mark Knopfler.

Maybe shagging Mark Knopfler, but that's about it.
That happened to me, except it was my external hardrive with all my music on it
Quote by atomkat
I can't fxcking descripe in words how much I love you!!!!!!!
Quote by MrJayremmie
marry me.
Stratocaster fan...
Quote by TK1
are you using windows?

maybe it deleted the drivers for the stick, cause, you know, its retarded like that.

Its not the fact the files arnt there, its the fact that the stick does not work. The PC doesnt recognise it.
And the light will not turn on, which makes me think that its now broken.
It probably is broken. If it doesn't show the light, that means it is not recognised...

So the best thing to do is to eat it!!!

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Nothing is indestructable.
And anything that's irreplaceable(ie a memory stick with non-backed-up files) will destroy itself 9 times out of ten, even if you wrap it in cotton wool and bubble wrap.
Quote by MightyAl
Nothing is indestructable.
And anything that's irreplaceable(ie a memory stick with non-backed-up files) will destroy itself 9 times out of ten, even if you wrap it in cotton wool and bubble wrap.

Hey I recognise you you are the funny guy who used to have a cat avatar right

LOL

Im so lame...

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.