I've recently bought a new Epi Les Paul and it seems to slip out of tune very easily. has anyone else had this problem?
i presume its becasue it mightn't have been set up properly first day in the shop, but seeing as i have no idea how to fix this problem does anyone have any advice? preferably other than take it into the shop..

cheers
Is it because you have new strings?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

well i've had it for a few months and only just changed the strings for the first time since it was bought this week...
i know new strings need time to settle, but thats not the problem here..
well i've had it for a few months and only just changed the strings for the first time since it was bought this week...
i know new strings need time to settle, but thats not the problem here..

Yes it is...stretch the strings.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
yeah the strings are stretched properly, i've had a strat for a few years so i know that new strings take time to settle and need to be stretched etc.
the problem is that the guitar needs to be tuned farily regularly (like after every 2-3 songs)
its not a major problem but i'd rather have it fixed

it prob just needs to be set up right, but just wanted your opinions
Maybe rub some pencil in the nuts would help? Try that.

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Quote by p.stick
Maybe rub some pencil in the nuts would help? Try that.

Nuts?Woah,nut not nuts.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
what one do you have? i have a special 2 and its not the best at staying in tune but its just the way the guitar is...change the strings always helps a little but it will always have that problem a little
Don't worry (or just the opposite, start worrying xD). I have a LP Custom and it goes out of tune every 2 minutes, no matter what you do. And I'va had it for more than a year and it still does the same every day ^^'
It looks like it's a common fault on Epis, that's one of the main reasons I hate them
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
thats the problem with epiphone kids, your guitar has horrible tuners and it most likely wont stay in tune, you could try the old foam trick but my best bet is get a different guitar or locking grover or schallers
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
Quote by dertjoe
thats the problem with epiphone kids, your guitar has horrible tuners and it most likely wont stay in tune, you could try the old foam trick but my best bet is get a different guitar or locking grover or schallers

The Epi LP Standard has Grovers on it. Don't feed people bullshit because you don't like Epiphones.
This can be solved one of two ways.

1. Do a lot of playing (particularly bending) to stretch the strings.

And If that doesn't work:

2. Get yourself a set of locking tuners.
Quote by Jim Morrison
Indians scattered on Dawn's highway bleeding, Ghosts crown the young child's fragile eggshell mind
the best thing to do is not to lay it down because the tuning knobs can move very easily so always put it back on the stand =]]

Originally Posted by .smudged.
cook with semen everybody's doing it

Retards
Attempting
Poetry

Quote by PaintOurSilence
If you want to get really sick go to a nearby subway station and lick the walls or maybe a homeless man or two .
hmm this happened to my epi just a few days ago. but now it stopped. i just tightened the screws and just played alot
Epiphone Les Paul Classic
Marshall MG100DFX *SOLD* REPLACED WITH PEAVEY CLASSIC 30
Boss GT-8
Breedlove AD/25 SR Plus

I'm TOOcool for sigs
Quote by dertjoe

Old foam trick?What's that?
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
scarpe some graphite into the nut when putting on new strings (stretch them first, as mentioned) or just loosen your current strings and add the graphite

also, top wrap your strings (when you get new ones)

My Epi LP has no tuning problems other than the fact that it has a plastic nut. mine came stock with grover tuners.
Mine also has Grover tuners. When I change strings I stretch them, use the graphite on the nut and it doesn't matter, it still goes out of tune like mad (I mean, it goes out of tune after every 3 or 4 bendings, no matter how long I've been playing before!). It's very frustrating that you can't play more than one full song without stopping. It would disencourage everybody.
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
replace the nut and you'll be fine. The one that comes on Epiphone LP's arent exactly good. They last for about a year or so then need 2 be replaced.

PSN ID: ArranP
epiphone has grover tuners but they arent grover locking tuners, its pretty obvious when a million peoples epiphones wont stay in tune, get a set of grover locking tuners for $80 and itll stay in tune
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210