I recently came into possession of a bass guitar. It doesn't look like anything fancy however i would like to know if it's a branded guitar or no name one. The quality of it isn't that high, but i like it. It's just for messing around on. I payed £30 ($60) for it. All help appreciated.

Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
I really don't know, perhaps one someone built for the Hell of it? I hate it when basses that need identifying don't have some sort of logo, it's all very discombobulating.
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by Dinkydaisy
I really don't know, perhaps one someone built for the Hell of it? I hate it when basses that need identifying don't have some sort of logo, it's all very discombobulating.

I quite agree.

I'm guessing it's of no particular brand, it may be something someone has thrown together from spare parts or it could be a cheap no-brand bass.
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
The body resembles a Hamer i saw once i think, but it was probably built for the hell of if, like dinkydaisy said.
Gear:
1965 Fender Mustang not a RI
Squier Vintage Modified Jazz Bass

Peavey Classic 50

Quote by indie-bassist
I quite agree.

I'm guessing it's of no particular brand, it may be something someone has thrown together from spare parts or it could be a cheap no-brand bass.

even the cheap no brand basses have names on them though. This could be:

A: a bass made out of spare parts or from scratch
B: a bass with a neck that might have been made by the owner, hence the lack of a logo
companies like Warmoth do sell body and neck blanks so that a possibility
Thanks for the feedback guys. Further investigation would lead me to believe that it's either:
a) a cheap no name bass. (the more likely of the two)
b) the neck broke somehow and was replaced/custom neck

I don't think it's a custom build. Opening the control box revealed that the neck pup isn't actually wired up at all. I don't think someone would have put a neck pickup in, only to disconnect it.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues