Poll: Which one?
Poll Options
View poll results: Which one?
Boss NS2
3 30%
Vox V847A
7 70%
Voters: 10.
Finally, my dad has agreed to get me something for my GCSE results.

So, which one do you think I should get first?

Oh, another question. Would a noisegate reduce the sustain of my guitar?

Thanks

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

Get the Vox Wah.

Much more fun than a silly old noise gate, which you dont really need unless you have lots of gain/hum.
I get a little bit of noise when I turn the amp up. I'd like it quiet...

BTW, Can a noisegate reduce the noise the pick makes when picking the strings?

Quote by KileManA7X
I remember my first erection. I went to my dad and was like "Do I have Aids???". I seriously thought there was something wrong with me.

it all depends on how you set the gate, if you set it with a slow attack time it will remove some of your pick noise because the gate will take longer to open. also it will cut off your sustain as soon as your signal drops below the threshold.
Damn...

So it will just be

Deeeeeeeeeeeeeee eee eee eee de And that's it?

Quote by KileManA7X

unless your sustain is rediculous and goes on forever without losing volume. as soon as it gets as quiet as you have the gate set to, the gate will close and the signal will be attenuated, not to say completely cut.
Ok cool thanks.

Quote by KileManA7X

Noise gates aren't really that necessary sometimes. Just get a wah for now and when you have extra cash laying around think about getting a noise gate.

Besides, you're going to have much more fun with the wah.
Sent from my iPad.
Don't seem to get much votes... Bump

Quote by KileManA7X

noise gates are not entirely necessary, and if you have to get one, don't get a BOSS one, it'll just suck your tone dry

I voted the wah anyways.

What kind of noise do you get anyways? what gear do you have and what piece do you suspect is making the most noise? do you use a lot of gain?
Well, 40w tube at Gain 9 Bass 7 mid 4 treble 9 = NOISE!!!

It's fine when the volumn is low. But when I turn it up, I get a little bit of noise, nothing serious but I just want it to be super quiet. Which noise gate would you recommand?

Quote by KileManA7X

It might just be the sound of the tubes cooking when you crank it

if you were to get a noise gate, I'd recommend MXR Smart gate or an iSP Decimator (a bit more expensive, but apparently they're the holy grail of noise suppressors)
Thanks. I'll keep that in mind.

But as you said, Im likely to get the wah first.

Quote by KileManA7X