Anyone else find that whenever someone says "a great classic song" there's always some idiot recommending Stairway To Heaven or Freebird?

Seriously, these songs aren't that amazing.

Mostly this is a rant of freebird.

I can't stand that song, and I have good taste in music.

It just bothers me so much because of the fact that EVERYONE knows it, EVERYONE seems to like it, EVERYONE wishes they could play it.

There are better songs to dream about, why the hell this one?

/flamesheild.
Official Member of the Calos Mencia Hate Club.
i hate to say it, but it's because it was the boss song on guitar hero.
This is my signature. There are many like it but this one is MINE.
well for one Its definately NOT because of guitar hero... which sucks by the way!

Anyway, Its because back when there was just listening to the Radio and Buying records were pretty much the only way to hear songs, They were mainstream then, And they are sweet songs. and yes there are ALOT better songs... but they werent played mainstream like them. So when people bring it up its because its the first song that Everyone knows... And im not gonna lie, they are both pretty sweet songs....
Quote by nfimb1
well for one Its definately NOT because of guitar hero... which sucks by the way!

Anyway, Its because back when there was just listening to the Radio and Buying records were pretty much the only way to hear songs, They were mainstream then, And they are sweet songs. and yes there are ALOT better songs... but they werent played mainstream like them. So when people bring it up its because its the first song that Everyone knows... And im not gonna lie, they are both pretty sweet songs....

Freebird just isn't.

It's bad. I'm gonna say it.

Stairway to heaven is a good song, I don't mind that, just theres alot of hype still about it.

Freebird...just listen to it?
Official Member of the Calos Mencia Hate Club.
*reported*

Co-Founder of the Creedence Clearwater Revival Fanclub...PM me or Pi3h-B0y to join!

Member #17 of the UG Queen Fanclub!...PM Hanzi_G to join!

The Sinister Minister of Zeppelinism...Pm TheHeartbreaker to join.
My comment on Stairway to Heaven is this (and I quote myself):

Quote by BrainDamage
it's a shame that that song gets played to death on radio stations and is often tagged as a bad song simply because it's overplayed, because to be honest, it really is a great song.

***CLOSED***

How to achieve Frank Zappa's guitar tone:
Quote by Thefallofman
Step 1: Buy a Gibson SG
Step 2: Insert Green Ringer, EQ, 3 dead squirrels and a microwave into said SG
Step 3: Plug in and freak the **** out.