Wah-wah? fuzz? or just a distortion pedal what do you think is the essential effects pedal to own? :stickpoke
If you play jazz, pick up a reverb and you're done. If you play Hardcore, pick up a hiss-infested Boss MT-2. If you're Jack White, pick up several grand worth of Octavers, Harmonizers, Modulaters, Overdrives, and Fuzzes.

Point: tell us what you play, mate.
Distortion
i have 1 pedal, and thats a distortion pedal, i've been playing for a year, and i havent been like : Man i wish i took a Wah Wah instead of Distortion <3
Go for a talkbox.
It's the ultimate effect.
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
ha, id take the metal master pedal =]
pay me the same amount and ill give you better head than an amp ever could.

Quote by mdawg24
My bad, headbanger had it.
I suck

Quote by faultyy
(sp) means to use super powers
wah, chorus and delay
My Gear
Guitars:
-Gibson Les Paul Tribute (Bare Knuckle Nailbombs)
-Ibanez "lawsuit" Les Paul (Seymour Duncan Pegasus and Sentinent)
-Ibanez S470 (Dimarzio D-sonic and Humbucker from Hell)
-PRS SE Custom (Guitarforce Black Diamond and Lord of the Blues)

Amp:
Marshall TSL100
EVH 5150III EL-34 50w
Marshall 1960a cab

Effects:
Dunlop 535q wah
Boss Super Chorus
Bogner Uberschall
Ibanez DE7 Delay
Electro-Harmonix Power Booster
Fender PT100 Pedal Tuner

Strings:
Ernie Ball Skinny Top/Heavy Bottom 10-52
For me, I guess it's overdrive because I can't turn my VJ up loud enough for it to break up.
I only need 4 effects...overdrive, reverb, delay, and wah. But my wah is still in the mail.
Quote by OtisB Driftwood
David Hassolhoff Is the god of death metal

Quote by Kantroce
What's that? I can't hear you over the sound of how awesome I am.

My gear
Schecter Tempest Custom
Peavey VK112
Fulltone OCD
Line 6 Verbzilla
Line 6 DL-4
Xotic Effects AC Boost
Rocktron Tri-Wah
id say delay
Gear:

Ibanez GSZ120

Mitchell MD-100S Acoustic

Roland Cube 60

Roland Micro-Cube
I would say some sort of overdrive/distortion depending upon your needs.

After that either a wah or reverb.

Then probably a delay...

I picked up a nice phaser today, but it feels like I wasted money a bit only cause I won'[t use it as much...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
on my 84/40 tube i run just a ts9 and a wah and it sounds beautiful (jam in g in my profile), for my other amp (ss princeton 650 ) i just use which ever of the 16 bult in effects i want and then my wah, the ts9 doesnt work so well on it seeing as its a solid state
A wah is the only effect I really need- any fuzz, boost, or OD that I may end up getting will just be icing on the wonderfully toneful cake.
I would definitely say if i could only have one effects pedal it would be the wah. Its not that i use it a lot but its just so unique, but if i didn't have any distortion on my amp then I would need my OD a bit more.
i guess a wah, with a built in fulltone ocd/boost/tremolo/phase. it counts as one pedal right?

but only one i would have to sah wah, cause i have reverb on my amp, and i can crank it for overdrive
i'd go for either a versatile distortion, like the zvex fuzz factory, or i'd go for one of my favorite clean guitar effects, the phaser, either a small stone or a phase 90.
Go to a shop play as many as you can and decide which you want the most.The chances are you'll want them all equally bad and wont make a decision, but welcome to the wonderfull world of GAS. Just be sensible about it. We can't decide what your taste in pedals should be. Depends on your setup and what you want to accomplish, dont just buy effects for no reason, if you want more gain, overdrive, if you want a smoother sound, compressor, if you want some fun funky effects wah, phaser, chorus.
If you're talking about what's essential then for me, since I play rock, it would be a distortion. Otherwise wah, phaser, delay, volume modulation (volume petals and/or tremolos) and pitch shifting are all useful things. Compressors don't hurt either. Sustain is a wonderful thing after all.
I'd go with a high-end multieffects pedal
Quote by entity0009
some retards decided it would be funny to use mental conditions as insults.
Just an original Clyde McCoy if I could only own one.
The Laney Thread are big and clever. No exceptions.
Ibanez Ts-9 if I have a tube amp, Boss Overdrive/Distortion station if I have a solid state.
Quote by LuthierofTexas
You have no experience with racks??? What kind of guy are you?
i'd get a wah...

but what do you play?

Whodicted

Quote by stevo_epi_SG_wo
france is laaaaame

Recognized by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2009
for me I can't live without a fuzz pedal.

but for you it depends on what you play, what you have, and what you feel is missing.
I can't choose one. I love my big, ever-expanding board of effects and I use them all
Quote by dannyniceboy
I consider myself to be really intelligent and I've gotten into a fight coz this kid thought it was nasty to put sour cream on enchiladas.

Quote by Minkaro
The fact that I went TOO high singing a Darkness song on Singstar

DARK RED TEAM
- Talkbox
- Chorus
- a hearty blues overdrive.
- a Crybaby

I also always keep an acoustic effect handy too, though I'd never say it was essential.