I probably could of posted this on some computer forum however im sure there are people here that know just as much so I will ask here.

Can You transfer music files from one computer to another?

I ask because Im looking at a new second hand computer however I dont want to lose my origianl music recordings on my older computer right now.

Is it possible to transfer from one puter to the other as not to lose them...And if it is possible how does one do that and do you need any special cords or anything to connect the computers.
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
You need a cable with USB ports on each end
last.fm
Quote by darkstar2466
*head explodes*
You sir, are a god.

Quote by BBW
This song is about Little Red Riding Hood and her trials and tribulations with the Big Bad Wolf. He was a cunt who liked to bother pigs when they relaxed after work in their houses.
Just connect both to a router or a ethernet switch ? Join the same workgroup ? and ding dong ? Its really easy
Or, save the hassle of chords and sh*t, and e-mail everything you want to keep to yourself, then download them on your new PC!

When there's something strange in your neighbourhood...who ya gonna call?!

! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! ! !
you could put the old hard drive into the new computer
+Dont die its bad for you+
the easiest way is probably to burn to a cd/dvd or stick all the files you want to keep on a USB flash drive.
Check out my guitar quartet composition The Lone Wolf and you will be rewarded! With a live wolf!

Are you a PROG-HEAD? I am.

Quote by Led Pepplin
I'm adding you to my list of most hated UGers.

Quote by bubbyw

What I was about to say.
Then you can transfer your old files to your new HD if you don't want to keep the old HD
Quote by Pookie6
Yngwi3, You win this whole monstrosity of a thread.

Quote by uk.mace
For the best tingle, use Original Source mint. That shit feels amazing on your balls.

Godfather of The Diezel Mafia
Quote by bubbyw

+1
Emailing the files sounds interesting...maybe I could email them to my Gmail account then once I have my new puter set up I could email them back to myself...I guess that will work.

Thanks for the quick replies and help guys...thanks
Go to this page to hear my original song recordings

Click Here
Hook the old and new hard drives up to the same motherboard (fairly easy if they are IDE, most IDE cables have two slots for two drives), and either drag & drop, or just copy(or cut)/paste to the new drive.

That's how I did it, took all of maybe 5 minutes. Email takes too long because only so much can be sent at a time, same with CDs.
Life is underrated.

Quote by Mad Marius
That's like saying you got cancer that comes with AIDS.