im thinking about getting an esp viper and i was wondering if it is a good guitar? or should i go with a schecter c-1 hellraiser? and if it would go good with my peavey valveking 112 combo amp?
equipment:
Esp EC-1000
ibanez rg550
Peavey 5150 combo
Boss ML-2 Metal core pedal
DB-01 crybaby from hell

Quote by dubstar92
Tell the friend that due to an amp explosion you are now temporarily deaf and will judge her friend solely on looks.
Last edited by kazra90 at Sep 1, 2007,
depends on what you play, but they are decent guitars and would sound good with the Vk 112

Epi Les Paul Std w/Duncans
ESP LTD EX260
Cry Baby From Hell
Marshall JH-1
EHX Metal Muff
MXR EVH Phase 90
Carl Martin Classic Chorus
EHX #1 Echo
Ibanez LU-20
Dunlop DCB-10
Crate V50112
Tascam US144

PEDALBOARD JUNKIES
DO IT! lol, I just got a Viper like 3 weeks ago and I love it. I'm running it through my Spider III and it sounds awesome and plays very well.
\m/ METAL! \m/
well if your looking at a viper make sure its a 400 model, they are emg loaded except for the sunburst which has duncans and viper400s are amazing guitars, and isnt the viper 404 a bass
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
^ possibly lol. i just listed all the numbers I could remember. the 407 is a seven string.

point is that 400 and up is what you want
schecter. the viper is nice but the schecter is balls out awesome.

plus, the viper is very neck heavy... can get annoyin if ur not used to it
(Main)Gear-v
Jackson Dinky DKMGT
PRS SE Paul Allender
Peavey 6505+ 112
ESP or LTD? if its ESP, get it then, no questions.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers
I had an ESP standard Viper and it was probably the most badass guitar ever. Unfortunately it had a disgusting camo paintjob so I sold it for profit. They are real nice guitars though but indeed make sure you 400series+
sorry for jumping ur thread, but wats wrong with the 301? aparty from not having active emgs, rnt they the same? thanks
Last edited by head_strong at Sep 2, 2007,
301 is exactly the same as the 400 it just has HZs instead of EMG 81s or duncans
my gear//
GUITARS
ESP Horizon Custom
ESP M202BB
ESP HB300
Gibson LP Custom
Gibson V
AMPS
Orange Rockverb 50
Mesa Triple Recti
Marshall JCM800 2210
yeah ppl tend to forget that the discontinued 300+ series are still up to par with the 400 series, only minor differences being the pickups and nut and tuning pegs.
Peavey 5150, LTD EX400BD, tubescreamer, and a whole lotta fingers