guys I have this set up that sounds great seriously try this..it's so simple to do..ok here's what you need

1.)Computer *Edited for terms sake..*
2.)karaoke mic
3.)1/8 converter for mic ( i think thats what it's called but the thing that makes the mic fit into a regular mic slot on the computer but if your mic already fits then nm)
4.)goldwave

alright guys place the mic underneath the amp or inside of it near the speaker (tape it to the front of it if you can)

go ahead and record with goldwave

now if you need to bring up the volume go ahead and do so using goldwave (repeat as needed)

now the recording may sound too "bassy" so go ahead and reduce the bass levels (half usually works) theres an eq section in the program (it's easy to find)..and tweak as necessary...

if you need the file saved as an mp3 goldwave does that for you (along with other file types)

recording on low volume of your amp will get you the best quality from your amp...

I thought I would share this with you guys so you wouldnt have to spend half a million dollars (exaggerated i know) on recording equipment for a guitar..seriously give it a try..if you wanna hear examples listen to my stuff

myspace.com/ablackeneddeath
Death..Is Just The Beginning..
Last edited by DiamondOfBlood at Sep 3, 2007,
agreed^^
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
Quote by McCheese
Pretty good quality for a karaoke amp!
How does goldwave compare to programs like audacity and wavepad?

woops hahhah i think your mistaken..you plug the mic into the computer..you use your GUITAR amp to record with lol..aside from that..I'd say the features are much greater for goldwave when compared with audacity but i havent tryed wavepad..
Quote by DiamondOfBlood
woops hahhah i think your mistaken..you plug the mic into the computer..you use your GUITAR amp to record with lol..aside from that..I'd say the features are much greater for goldwave when compared with audacity but i havent tryed wavepad..

Lol sorry, meant karaoke mic *embarassed*
Thought too far ahead of myself!
Quote by McCheese
Lol sorry, meant karaoke mic *embarassed*
Thought too far ahead of myself!

it's all good
the opinions are to be on the guitar sound not the vocals..stick to the topic
for a free recording system, google 'audacity'

...oops, didn't relize audacity's already been mentioned
I'm going to be honest with you, I think you're wasting everybody's time here, you are not posting any new information here, and I was not particularly impressed with the sound, especially the vocal sound, everything sounded very muddy to me.

Also, I don't know how this trend ever started but a CPU is not the name for an entire computer (Nor is a hard drive), it is simply the central processing unit, basically the main component for making all the calculations for everything you use your computer for. I absolutely hate every time I see these terms misused, it really misinforms people.
Quote by take_it_t
I'm going to be honest with you, I think you're wasting everybody's time here, you are not posting any new information here, and I was not particularly impressed with the sound, especially the vocal sound, everything sounded very muddy to me.

Also, I don't know how this trend ever started but a CPU is not the name for an entire computer (Nor is a hard drive), it is simply the central processing unit, basically the main component for making all the calculations for everything you use your computer for. I absolutely hate every time I see these terms misused, it really misinforms people.

you my friend are a complete asshole and not everyone here is a completely technical non-sensitive son of a bitch such as yourself..your a total killjoy and I hope that someday you grow a heart..and if i was wasting time here I wouldnt have bothered to have posted this... good day sir..
Quote by take_it_t

Dude, chill out. He was just trying to help people. If you don't find it helpful, fine, but you don't have to go mouthing off about it!
Not everyone has hunderds of dollars to buy studio equipment..your going to get what you can get and by far I believe this to be a cheap and simple way to get your music out there and heard
Quote by DiamondOfBlood
you my friend are a complete asshole and not everyone here is a completely technical non-sensitive son of a bitch such as yourself..your a total killjoy and I hope that someday you grow a heart..and if i was wasting time here I wouldnt have bothered to have posted this... good day sir..

Excuse me? I'm appalled that you would reply so immaturely like that. I don't know what you're expecting here from me, but I've made a lot of contributions to this section of the forum and I've come to know that proper terminology is important in keeping things consistent but make sure that information is accurate. I'm sorry if I offended you by using and explaining proper terminology. Also the technique you are describing is nothing new, I've seen it a million times on this forum, so theres no need to have another thread explaining the same thing, and also making it confusing for those who are beginners. I know your only trying to help, and thats great, and help and help is very appreciated around here, but you are not helping anyone by acting like that. I'm only trying to help you be a better contributer.
Quote by take_it_t
Excuse me? I'm appalled that you would reply so immaturely like that. I don't know what you're expecting here from me, but I've made a lot of contributions to this section of the forum and I've come to know that proper terminology is important in keeping things consistent but make sure that information is accurate. I'm sorry if I offended you by using and explaining proper terminology. Also the technique you are describing is nothing new, I've seen it a million times on this forum, so theres no need to have another thread explaining the same thing, and also making it confusing for those who are beginners. I know your only trying to help, and thats great, and help and help is very appreciated around here, but you are not helping anyone by acting like that. I'm only trying to help you be a better contributer.

I absolutely hate every time I see that word misused, it really misinforms people.

I thought the quality of the guitar sounded pretty good...especially for those who would normally just be using their computer mic.
Quote by DiamondOfBlood

Reported. We don't need this kind of behavior on the forum.

Do a search - take_it_t has helped a lot of people out - largely due to the fact that he chooses to communicate effectively and instead of keeping his knowledge to himself he chooses to share it for you all's sake. Thats the same reason I am here (you can do a search on me as well if you feel it necessary), and I really don't appreciate it when one of my compatriots gets called out for merely trying to spend his time helping people.
PM Me for any help you need with recording systems/tips
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Good call

Man, you should be a mod, you know everything.

Quote by thrice_removed
Reported. We don't need this kind of behavior on the forum.

Do a search - take_it_t has helped a lot of people out - largely due to the fact that he chooses to communicate effectively and instead of keeping his knowledge to himself he chooses to share it for you all's sake. Thats the same reason I am here (you can do a search on me as well if you feel it necessary), and I really don't appreciate it when one of my compatriots gets called out for merely trying to spend his time helping people.

ugh you guys are ridiculous...how could someone not be offended by what that guy said..christ almighty i wonder what this world is coming to..and if he were to give his opinion he could have done it much nicer...since when does "help" involve calling someone out saying they are "wasting time"..i hope that whatever mod see's this understands where I come from..I have done nothing wrong here..what that guy said had aboslutley no purpose in this forum..if I'm going to get called out for defending myself then thats just plain sickening..i meerly posted this because people kept asking what I did..excuse all life from my body for helping someone
Quote by take_it_t

That gets me a little bit, too.

I always abbreivate computer to "cptr".

That's a pro tools joke.